Chapter 17

The reception party was on it's full swing when the lights in the hall got dimmed and a spotlight fall on the couple which was come downstairs, with their hands linked together,  Reyansh and Ahana didn't look less then any royal prince and princess,  which they indeed were.  Reyansh was wearing an off white  sherwani , which perfectly fitted his tall and well built figure, and to add the touch of royalty he was wearing the Jodhpuri safa ,which only added plus points to his looks . Once they were downstairs,  the hall again got bathed with bright lights and people started clapping for the newly wed couple. 

They both were made to sit on the beautifully decorated stage , which was screaming richness,  not only the stage but the whole decoration of the house screamed extravagance. 
How were they able to prepare so much in just 2 , 3 days , thought Ahana to herself but then shrugged the thought , as soon as the fact that they had arranged a freaking fake family for her , hit her mind , she thought that if someone could do this then of course they were capable of doing these arrangements as well. 
Shrugging all her thoughts away , she tried focusing on the guests who were coming on the stage with gifts and blessings.
She smiled to each of them as everyone passed compliments to the couple. 
Ahana was liking it so far , as she couldn't spot anyone who seemed to recognize her, so even her nervousness was subsiding but then her sight fall on a certain someone who was passing her cold looks , and she frowned looking at the lady who was looking at her with pure hatered visible on her face.
Ahana shifted on her place becoming uncomfortable from the lady's glares , she tried recalling her face and yes she knew her . She was Reyansh's bua saa , the elder daughter of the family,  who had created alot of scene the day Reyansh had brought Ahana with him.
Sensing her discomfort , Reyansh followed her gaze,  and found that it was his bua saa , who was causing troubles just by her glares. He shook his head , this woman can't ever change,  he thought to himself,  recalling Rajeshwari Shekhawat's sick behaviour towards his sister-in-laws,  who were perfect in all aspects , but still that lady never behaved nicely with them.
He put his hand on Ahana's hands which were in her laps , and gave  a gentle squeeze of reassurance which made her look towards him and he passed her a beautiful smile which got reflected on her face as well.

Vidhi was greeting the guests and talking to some distant relatives,  when she felt a tap on her shoulder , and turned,  only to gasp looking at the person standing infront of her,  it was her new boss The Ehsaas Raghuvanshi,  who himself was a brand just like The Rajputs.
" Hello Mrs. Rajput,  how are you now ?" He asked passing a small smile to her.

" Umm..I'm...I'm perfectly fine now sir , ummm... " she shuttered badly remembering the stupid lies her husband had fed him about her not being well. She mentally cursed Rishan and herself as well , because it was very unusual of her to become nervous and shutter like a dumbo.

" earth to Mrs. Rajput , where are you lost?" Ehsaas said waving his hands infront of her.

Vidhi came out of her thoughts and gave him a nervous smile.  " Ahh..,sorry Sir , I was thinking something,  I'm sorry , ehh..could you just say it again,  whatever you were saying. "

" Nothing that important,  I was just saying that take care of yourself and the party is nice . " Ehsaas said calmly.

" ohh yeah yeah..thanks ...thanks,  well enjoy the party. " she said passing him a genuine smile this time,  but then it hit her like a rock , she had forgotten to invite him , and moreover he was in States with his family, just yesterday,  as per what his PA had informed her , then how come  he was here,  HOW ? She looked at Ehsaas again and, as if Ehsaas sensed her question,  he himself answered
" Ah... actually I forgot to tell you , dad received the invitation from Raghuveer uncle and he had  invited us personally , he's dad's friend and also I'm shifting back here , so we came just in the morning . "