-𝚝𝚠𝚘

It was safe to say that tomorrow, was indeed not great, as it was pouring

We were in the library. Lucy and William were seated at the window watching the rain fall. I could hear them pretend that the water beads were racing down, making me chuckle. Edmund was underneath the chair I was sitting in, constantly tapping the bottom much to my annoyance.

Susan, Peter and Alex were playing the most boring game I have ever heard of as I read a book. Susan would say a word, they would have to guess the root of it.

"Gastrovascular."

Neither of them replied, making her annoyed. "Come on, guys. Gastrovascular."

Alex smiled tightly. "Is it Latin?"

Susan looked down in satisfaction. "Yes."

"Is it Latin for, worst game ever invented?"

Edmund's question made me chuckle, but was cut off by the stern look Susan gave me as she slammed the book.

Lucy and William came running over. "We could play hide and seek!"

"But we're already having so much fun," Peter looked over at Lucy sarcastically, who then put on her puppy dog eyes.

"Come on, Peter! Please!"

William then looked over at Alex with his puppy dog eyes. Between the two of them, it was impossible to say no. "Pretty please, Alex?"

The older boys looked at each other and covered their eyes. "One, two, three, four,"

Edmund got up looking annoyed. "What?"

I dragged Edmund out of the room excitedly. "Come on, Ed! Live a little!"

"Five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven,"

We found heavy, thick curtains and hid behind them. After a short moment, Lucy and William showed up and groaned upon seeing us.

"Come on, Luc! We'll find somewhere else."

We listened to their foot steps running away. I looked over and Edmund who still had an annoyed expression.

"This much better than The Worst Game Ever Invented. At least it's fun."

He looked over at me and smiled. "I guess you're right."

"75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92,"

"I'm always right," I paused and became more serious. "Are you okay, Ed? You've been more snippy than usual."

He shrugged and went to respond, but was cut off by hearing the boys counting again. "98, 99, 100. Ready or not, here I come!"

He held a finger up to his lips, but the silence didn't last long.

"It's alright! We're back!"

We looked at each other in confusion upon hearing Lucy and William run back down the hall.