-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

We ran back over to the lake, coming across a partially frozen waterfall

We ran back over to the lake, coming across a partially frozen waterfall. We looked down and much to our dismay, the ice was indeed melting and the ice that was there was cracking and floating away.

Peter grabbed ahold of Lucy's hands and started walking down. Just as Alex was about to do the same with me, Susan stopped us, making him look over at her.

"We need to cross, now!"

"Don't beavers make dams? "

Mr. Beaver looked over at Lucy like she had seven heads. "I'm not that fast, dear."

Peter started rushing us all down. "Come on!"

"Wait! Will you just think about this for a minute?"

"We don't have a minute, Susan!"

"Emma, I'm just trying to be realistic!"

Peter looked at her in annoyance. "No, you're trying to be smart. As usual."

Alex assisted me with climbing down to the water. Peter put his foot on the ice carefully, jumping back when water splashed up.

Mr. Beaver stepped forward. "Wait. Maybe I should go first."

Alex nodded nervously. "Maybe you should."

He began walking across the ice, patting it with his tail along the way.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?"

"Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last. Especially with your cooking."

We followed him onto the ice, slowly making our way across. I was holding onto Alex for dear life, scared that I was going to fall in and drown. I could swim, but these currents were rough as is, let alone with melting ice.

"If Mum knew what we were doing-"

Peter whipped around and face Susan. "Mum's not here."

Lucy and I looked up, seeing wolves running above us to get to where we had to go to.

Alex grabbed me and started running, but was stopped by another wolf leaping in front of us. We turned back around, only to reveal we were currently being surrounded by them.

Alex put me behind him and drew his sword just as Mr. Beaver decided to try and attack, but one of the wolves pinned him to the ground.

Peter drew his sword as well, covering Alex's back.

"Put that down, boys. Someone could get hurt."

"Don't worry about me! Run him through!" The wolf holding Mr. Beaver tightened his grip, causing him to visibly grimace.

"Leave now while you can, and your brothers gonwith you."

"Stop! Maybe we should listen to him!"

Maugrim smirked over at Susan "Smart girl."