-𝚝𝚠𝚘

(Age updates: Emma and Edmund are 18, Alex and Susan are 20, Peter is 21, Lucy is 15, William is 14, Michael is 13)

1945

"I can't believe Michael is officially a teenager now."

Edmund flopped back onto our bed. Now that we were both 18, our parents let us renovate the bomb shelter into a little room for us. We also got married at the courthouse, along with 'adopting' Michael, as in our world, he was considered an orphan. We definitely got some judgmental stares, but that didn't matter. We were just happy to be a real family out in the open instead of in the shadows.

I chuckled and continued. "I also can't believe we've entered adulthood, again."

"Yeah, tell me about it. Except instead of ruling a country, we're deciding what school we want to go to and what we want to do with our lives," Edmund sighed and looked over at me. "I do miss the simplicity of Narnia sometimes."

"Yeah, me too. Michael definitely does too. I think he gives up more and more the longer he's here and not called back."

"He reminds me of how Peter and Alex were when we left the first time. He got a letter sent home today about another fight," Edmund reached into his nightstand and pulled it out. I sighed as I read and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I'm at a loss here. We have had multiple talks with him. According to this, he's on his final warning until he gets expelled from Hendon House."

"Maybe Peter and Alex can get through to him. They understand the anger he's feeling right now."

"They're his uncles, not his parents. They shouldn't have to worry about raising him either."

Edmund wrapped me up in his arms and began stroking my hair. "Hey, it takes a village to raise a kid, and an entire kingdom to raise a teenager. Especially an angsty one. You know they would help if we asked."

"It just makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I can't even get through to my own son,"

"Hey, don't talk like that. You're an amazing mother. All teenagers go through some sort of rough patch in their life, Aslan knows I definitely did. If anything, it's my fault because he inherited the Pevensie temper."

I chuckled and propped myself up on my elbow. "We can't control his genetics. I'll send a letter out to the boys tomorrow, they're still with Professor Kirke."

"Hey, maybe we could ask Mikey if he would like to do that, too? Maybe being around familiar people would help better, especially since William switched back over to public school."