-𝚘𝚗𝚎

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟶

Day after Coronation

"I see we get right down to business, don't we?"

We were all in a library, seated at a round table. Mr. Tumnus was appointed as our advisor, who smiled as he sat down.

"I know the coronation was just yesterday, but it's imperative that you all are informed on the history of Narnia and what your royal duties entail."

In front of us were stacks of books, one for each ruler before the Long Winter happened. William groaned and threw his head back.

"I don't like reading."

Mr. Tumnus chuckled as Lucy also groaned and faced them. "You two will have assistance in your royal duties until you turn 13, so your time in this meeting will be brief. The history doesn't have to be finished today."

He turned back to the rest of and handed us each some papers.

"Basically, you are all in charge of keeping the boarders secure, making and maintaining alliances, and protecting the Narnian people."

I shuffled through the papers, seeing that they were filled with boys my age in our neighboring countries. "Mr. Tumnus, what are these?"

"Oh, those are marriage proposals."

Alex immediately shook his head and snatched the papers from my hands. "Absolutely not. We can make our alliances without arranged marriages."

Peter nodded in agreement. "We're too young for marriage, anyways."

We handed the papers back to Mr. Tumnus, who threw them in the trash. "Okay, not a problem at all. I just had to know whether that would be an option or not. Now, the most important thing right now is reestablishing ourselves-"

I could feel Edmund behind me let out a huge sigh of relief, making me look over at him with a raised brow. However, just mouthed "later" and went back to focusing on the meeting.

✧✧✧

"Okay, that was a great meeting, good job everyone!" Mr. Tumnus smiled at us and gathered up the paperwork. "We'll reconvene in two days, okay?"

We all nodded, but stayed in our seats. William and Lucy were excused once he was done going over our royal duties, which left the five of us to go over the history.

Susan grabbed a book and instantly began to read, making us groan. "We need a break, Susan."

She gave me a stern look and passed me a book, making me roll my eyes and open it up.

King Thomas I, son of King Frank IV, tenure 89-120. He was a beloved ruler amongst his people, known for his gentle ruling and avoidance of war-