-𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

"Let me guess, you can't sleep?"

I turned to see Edmund standing there. As per usual, I had a hard time falling asleep, so naturally I went outside.

"The stars here look so much different from the ones back home."

He sat down next to me and looked up. "Yeah, they do."

I reached for his hand and looked at him softly. "Ed, are you okay?"

He put his hand on top of mine and smiled sadly. "No, but I will be."

"You can talk to me about it. I'm not saying it has to be right now, but when you're ready."

Edmund loosely wrapped his arm around me. "I know. You've always been there, Emma."

"And I always will be."

We looked at each other for a moment, making my skin feel flushed and stomach tingly. I was relieved it was dark, otherwise it would have been a dead giveaway.

I turned away quickly and looked back up at the sky. "I mean, look at them. The stars are so clear here."

He chuckled and looked up as well. "Indeed they are."

✧✧✧

Edmund and I ended up falling asleep on that hill. We spent most of the night talking and trying to guess the names of the consolations, as they looked very different from the ones at home.

"Now that, seems similar to our North Star," I pointed up to a huge, shining star.

"Maybe it's the South Star."

I laughed and playfully shoved Edmund, who was also chuckling a little.

"What? It makes sense, doesn't it?"

"No! We're basically in a fantasy land, I highly doubt it's just called the South Star."

"After the battle, I'll ask them. And when they tell me it's the South Star, you owe me cookies."

I raised my eyebrow. "Cookies? Just cookies?"

"Yeah, you bake good cookies." He shrugged and smiled.

My eyes began to feel heavy. "We should probably go back to our tents."

Edmund yawned and nodded in agreement, but instead of us moving, we fell asleep right where we were laying.

We were awoken by petals blowing towards our camping, causing us to jump up from our spot and run down the hill upon seeing them enter Peter's tent.

When we came in, Alex and Peter were already inside with their swords drawn. However, the petals formed into a Dryad, who held her hand up.

"Be still, my Princes and Princess. I bring grave news from your sisters and brother."

She told us that Susan, Lucy and William witnessed Aslan's death on the stone table. He offered up himself to take Edmund and William's place, and apparently she promised no blood shed. However, she asked her general to prepare the troops for battle.