-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟸

𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛: 𝟷𝟶𝟶𝟸

"I can't believe we just turned 15."

I turned over and faced Edmund. It was the night after our birthday party, and boy we were tired.

"I know. That party was absolutely insane, did you see Oreius' dancing?"

He laughed and shook his head. "I know, and I thought you were bad."

"Hey, I've improved. And of course he's going to let loose at our party, I'm his favorite person," silence fell over us for a moment as I stroked his hair. "How have your nightmares been?"

"They've improved. However, I absolutely hate the winter still," he looked over outside to see snow falling, which prompted me to get up and close the curtains.

"Hey, I'm here. There's no reason for us to go outside right now. Just, focus on me and the warmth of the fire."

He smiled at me and caressed my face. "I love you so much. Thank you for always being here."

I wouldn't lie if I said sometimes his shell shock was intense, a term I learned from Alex. There nights where he was very temperamental, but he never at least took it out on any of us. Peter gifted him a wooden dummy to use his sword on for indoors for whenever he felt frustrated, which seemed to help with his anger significantly.

"You've never taken your anger out on anyone else. You've matured so much since we went through that wardrobe, Edmund. And I love you so much, you have no idea how proud I am of you."

"I can't wait for the day I get to officially marry you."

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You're telling me, Susan already has a binder full of plans."

"Of course she does, she's Susan. It would be weird if she didn't."

"That's true. I wish my dad could be here, though. He's been wanting us to be together since we were in diapers. He always told me we would eventually be together."

"Hey, we do have to go back eventually, right? We can have another wedding."

"It's bitter sweet though, isn't it? That eventually we will have to leave. I've come to think of Narnia as my home. I wish we could just bring our parents and stay here forever."

He nodded in agreement and kissed my forehead. "That would be nice. Your dad would be so proud of how amazing you are."

"I mean, I am a queen, I kind of have to be."

He chuckled and tucked loose pieces of hair behind my ears. "You have always been more than just a queen to me."

I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes with a smile on my face.

"I love you, Ed. Let's get some sleep."

He kissed my forehead again and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you, Em."