-𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Dear diary,

Dear diary,

There has been an extraordinary turn of events. I've been abducted by my cousins and set adrift in uncharted waters in some ridiculous looking boat. What's worse is I share quarters with an obnoxious mouse thing. And I thought bunking with my cousin was bad enough. So far, every person I've met in this strange place suffers from the most florid delusions. Chasing green mists and looking for lost lords. I can only assume that this is the result of poor diet. Or they're all just barking mad. Cousin Edmund is no exception. He spends every spare second rubbing that tin sword of his like it's some magic lantern with a boy who is only five years younger than him, but calls him his son. Poor fool clearly needs a hobby. At least Emma has been somewhat kind to me, but the poor girl suffers from these delusions as well, believing a boy who's only five years younger than her is her and Edmund's son. Impossible.

✧✧✧

Michael smiled as him and Edmund were chipping the barnacles off of the sword. Reepicheep was sat on his shoulder and looked at the both of them.

"It's going to be magnificent. Do they come in a smaller size?"

I chuckled at his comment as he scurried below deck. William approached us and wrapped an arm loosely around me, facing Michael.

"You're doing great, little dude. Soon you'll be able to use a sword that big!"

"You really think so, Uncle Will?"

"Of course!"

I looked over at William in shock. "When did you get taller than me? You're 10!"

He shrugged. "I have the tall gene. Not my fault your five foot nothing. Also, you literally already watched me grow up, I don't know why this is a surprise to you."

I rolled my eyes and playfully shoved him. Our bantering was interrupted by Eustace running up from below deck, with Reepicheep chasing behind him.

"Trying to run away? We're on a boat, you know."

We all chuckled as William muttered to us. "My money is on Reep. Look at how Eustace is holding that sword."

"It's not even a sword, it's a butcher knife," Michael giggled out as I shook my head.

"I think Eustace will surprise us."

"No, I bet my money on Reep, too."

I looked over at the boys. "Just watch, I'll prove all of you wrong."

Edmund smirked over at me. "You really want to bet on that?"

William covered Michael's ears and gave us a look. "Guys, there are children here."

"You're literally a child."

"Not mentally! Come on, little dude. Let's get away from the gross love birds."