-𝚘𝚗𝚎

Two Months Later1942

Two Months Later
1942

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Michael came running into the house, smiling upon seeing us at the table about to eat lunch.

"Eustace and I went back to Narnia! With his friend Jill!"

I smiled at him and patted the seat next to me. "Tell us all about it."

"We went back and saved Caspian's son! We found him in Underland, tied to an enchanted silver chair. We were told that he was a knight who went mad every night, hence the chair. But then he cried out 'I adjure you to set me free. By all fears and all loves, by the bright skies of Overland, by the Great Lion, by Aslan himself, I charge you!' So we cut him loose, only for him to be Prince Rilian!"

"You can remember all of that," I began jokingly, "but not your maths?"

Michael giggled and put a finger to my lips.

"Shhh, let me finish. He then smashed the silver chair into a million little pieces. Then we came across the Witch Queen, who tried to charm us but I remember what you told me, daddy, about witches and their tricks. So she turned into a serpent and tried to attack us, but then I cut off her head!"

"You, cut off a serpent's head?" Edmund smiled at Michael, who nodded and continued.

"Yeah! We freed her slaves then left the Underland. When we returned Rilian to Caspian, he was 66! I can't believe that much time passed within just a few months! He died right after they reunited, so then Rilian was crowned King."

I clutched onto my heart sadly. "Caspian died?"

"It's okay, mommy. He's in a better place now. Then somehow, Eustace, Jill and I ended up in Aslan's Country, even though we weren't dead. Caspian asked to see where we came from, so Aslan let him go to Eustace's and Jill's school and help take down those bullies they told us about. It was so cool! And Aslan told me that I'll be coming back again. I can't wait!"

"Wow, that's awesome, Mikey!"

"Yeah, he said I still have to fulfil my prophecy. Man, having the entire fate of Narnia in your hands is stressful."

I chuckled and shook my head. "Okay, eat your lunch so you can get stronger and save Narnia."

He looked down at the food with a raised eyebrow. "Did Uncle William cook again?"

"I heard that!"

"Good, you were meant to!" Michael shouted as William ran down the stairs.

"Just remember I know where you sleep at night, little dude."

"Yeah, like daddy would let you get anywhere near me." He smirked over at William, making us chuckle.

"Good thing you sleep in my room now, and daddy is back at his house."