-𝚝𝚠𝚘

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead."

I chuckled at Reepicheep as Eustace groaned. "Couldn't this have waited till the morning?"

"There is no honor in turning away from adventure, lad."

Michael clung to me and looked around nervously after Edmund helped us get off of the boat. "Caspian, why is it so quiet?"

We looked over to see Eustace fall off the long boat, refusing help from Reepicheep. Caspian looked at Edmund with a raised brow. "And you're certain he's related by blood?"

Edmund just shook his head as Caspian turned back to the crew. Before he could say anything, an eery bell sounded, making us all uneasy.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on. If we don't come back by dawn, send a party."

"Yes, your Majesty," Reepicheep nodded.

"Mommy, can I please stay here? I have a bad feeling."

I looked over at Drinian, who smiled and beckoned for Michael to come over to them. "It's no trouble at all, your Majesty. He's a fine sailor."

Edmund and I smiled thankfully and walked off with Caspian, Lucy, William and Eustace to the town square, which was very empty and kind of creepy.

"Yeah, looks like nobody is in. Do you think we should head back?" Eustace was looking around, clearly nervous as we went to walk into a building. Lucy and I nudged Edmund, who sighed and turned to him.

"Do you want to come here and guard something?"

"Ah, yes. Good idea, cousin. Very, uh, logical."

Caspian handed Eustace a knife, who nodded. "I've got it. I've got it. Don't worry."

We walked into the building. It was very dark, and we could hardly see in front of our faces. However, I tried my best to look around. From what I could see. There were statues surrounding it, along with multiple bells hanging from the ceiling.

In the center of the room, there was a book with multiple names and numbers next to them. "Hey, come look at this."

Everyone crowded around me, William raising an eyebrow in confusion. "Who are these people?"

"I'm not sure," I trailed off and continued flipping through the book. "Why are their names crossed off?"

Lucy inspected it and shrugged. "Looks like some kind of fee."

Caspian looked around in alarm. "Slave traders."

The bells sounded again, then people came coming down from the ceiling. We tried our hardest to fight them off, but there were so many. The sound of a scream stopped everyone in their tracks, turning to the door to see one of them came in holding the knife to Eustace's throat.