-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

Edmund and I were flying in first, landing at the top of one of their lookout towers

I was not happy with the decision to try and take the castle, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to go and help out the army anyways.

We jumped down onto a tower as the gryffin carried the soldier out. Edmund took out his electric torch and signaled the others that we made it there once we jumped down onto the platform. Peter, Susan, Alex and Caspian were flown in and landed below us.

After taking out the guards, they made their way inside, leaving Edmund and I to wait for their signal.

He started tossing his flashlight up and down, making me chuckle and shake my head.

"You're going to drop it."

"No, I won't. I'm great at catch!"

"Edmund, we're trying to take over a castle. Now isn't the best time to-"

I was cut off by him tossing the torch over to me. I caught it with ease, shockingly, and released a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"And what if I dropped it?"

He smiled at me as I tossed it back. "But you didn't, because you're the best wife ever."

"Are you implying you have another wife?"

"No, but I am implying that you will always be my only wife."

We continued tossing the torch back and forth, growing bored.

"They're running behind," I sighed and tossed the torch back, but Edmund accidentally let it slip from his grip and it fell below us.

We leaned over and saw a soldier grab it then shine it in his face.

"Good going, Ed," I grumbled as he gave me a look and jumped down onto the soldier. As they both struggled for the torch, bells began to ring and I could see the others running out of the castle over to the gate.

"Now, Ed, now! Signal the troops!"

"I'm a little busy, Pete!"

Edmund dropped his sword, so I jumped and landed directly on top of the soldier and brought him to the ground.

Edmund tried to turn on the torch for the signal, but panicked when it wouldn't work.

"This is just what we need!" The soldier tried fighting from my grip, but I had my swords pressed against either side of his neck so he couldn't really do much without cutting himself.

Finally, the torch turned on, so Edmund flashed it and signaled the troops. Next thing we know, our army is charging through the gate and a battle begun.

"For Narnia!"

Edmund slid down the ledge we were leaning on and knocked down a soldier who had his crossbow aimed at Peter. Alex looked up at me with wide eyes.