1. You Didn't See That Coming?

Feeling alone was nothing new, with her brother in college, her mother working and her father who knows where, she was sitting alone on her bed scrolling through Instagram on her phone.

She switched off her phone with a sigh and wondered what to do. She stared around her room and her eyes landed on a picture of her posing with the Eternals poster. One of her favourite movies. Deciding on binge-watching all the movies in one go (once again), she settled with some popcorn. Starting from Iron Man 1, she went all the way to Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Watching Pietro die was hard for he so she turned away but suddenly froze. Was that shadow her's? Or just a figment of her imagination? She walked towards it but the shadow disappeared. Someone behind her said,

"What, you didn't see that coming?" and then she collapsed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She jerked up sweating and gasped for air. Memories from last night flooded her mind and she clutched her head.

"Scarlet! Breakfast's ready!"

"Yeah Mom! Be right there."

She jumped out of her bed and did her morning routine and made her bed. Her bedroom was not much. Just pictures of her posing with the MCU posters and K-Pop groups adorning her walls. She didn't have all those extra pillows as she thought keeping unnecessary objects in room would make it a mess.

Scarlet ran down the steps two at a time and skidded to a halt in the kitchen. Her mom flicked her head and scolded her.

"How many times have I told you not to run the steps?"

"I don't know, you tell me."

Someone snickered behind her and wheeled around and asked her mother,

"Did you hear that?"

"What? I heard nothing. Darling are you all right?"

"Yeah. Yeah I'm alright. My head's just hurting a little. I'll just eat and rest a little."

"Ok dear. I'll leave for work now."

"Bye Mom"

"Bye honey. Don't forget to take your medicine."

Her mom kissed her forehead and left the house. Scarlet quickly ate her breakfast which was only scrambled eggs and bread. Again, finding nothing to do she decided to continue her movie marathon.

She switched her T.V on. The movie was paused on the same scene. The captions read,"What you didn't see that coming?" Who had paused the screen? Who took her to the bed? Who switched off the T.V? She was getting delusional she thought. Continuing her movie she wished all of it were real. Atleast she won't have be alone anymore. She didn't have any friends at school nor near her house as she mostly kept to herself and focused on her grades. She closed her eyes and let tears roll down her cheeks. Being happy in front of her mother was just a facade she had put up in front of her mother from all these years. She just wished for all of it to be real.

Feeling more tears roll down her cheeks, Scarlet opened her eyes and hastily wiped her cheeks. Suddenly a clanging sound echoed in the now almost empty house.