24. Epilouge

The Avengers along with Scarlet and Loki went on all kinds of missions. From drug raids to undercover missions. They did it all.

It was after one such mission that Loki and Scarlet walked on the beach.bit was a starry night, the sand shining under their bare feet and the waves glistening and roaring as they rushed towards the shore only for the sand to soak the water.

They walked hand in hand in a calm silence, their presence comforting each other.

"Why are you smiling?" Loki asked

"Because I'm with you." Scarlet said with a smile that could light up the entire world.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Because I'm with you." Loki repeated.

He wiped his sweaty palms and looked into Scarlet's eyes.

"I wanted to tell you something."

"Go ahead."

"Scarlet I love you. Don't interrupt. I love you. When I first met you, you annoyed the hell out of me. I tried to figure you out. Desperately. But in the end I wanted to pull my own hair out. I found someone better than me at my own games. Someone who understood me and didn't take me for granted. I finally found someone who loved me as much as my mother. I love you Scarlet. The way your eyes become purple when you are angry the way your nose scrunches when you laugh, your smile, your eyes that would make stars snuff out and your beauty that would make nymphs fall at your feet. I know you for more than a year now. On this exact date, I started courting you...

Would you perhaps take the next step with me?

Loki got down on one knee. Scarlet's breth hitched and tears clouded her eyes.

Scarlet, I love you with every fibre of my being. There's no one in the nine realms who does so more than I. I want to protect you, hug you, Kiss you until the day zi die. So darlin", will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A thousand times Yes!" Loki smiled. He jumped to his feet and kissed Scarle5 full on the lips.

"I love you."

"I love you more"

He opened the box. A ring sat inside with a diamond nestled on top of it with a few emerald dots on the band.

"Woah..."

"I made it... For you." Loki said nervously.

"You made this for me?! Oh my gosh it's so pretty!" She squealedwhen Loki puy it on her ring finger.

"I was honestly wondering what was taking you so long" Scarlet said with a mischevious glint in her eyes.

"And she's back."

-:-:-:-:-:-:-THE END-:-:-:-:-:-