12. Her Story

Scarlet finally wiped her tears and stood before the team.

"I better tell you what happened."

"No need Scarlet. Take your time." Steve said.

"No. I'll tell you now. My father or sperm donor as I like to call him had a wife who was well - off. He used her money but cheated on her with my mother. She didn't know cause he never wore his ring or anything. When his wife found out she died of a heart attack. My .km was pregnant when she found out, but for my sake she agreed to marry him. He rarely ever stays home. So to occupy her time, my mom works. Now the wife who died gave birth to a daughter just before she died. She bullies me at school now so I have no friends."

"I'm sorry."

"That's alright. It's not your fault. Let's talk about something else."

"There's this serum I have been working on that triggers the person's hormones to tell the truth. We could use it in Pietro to get some answers." Bruce offered.

"Like Veritaserum?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah. Exactly like Veritaserum." Bruce said.

"Maybe we should just leave." Wanda whispered.

Everybody tiptoed out of the room silently.

"Wanna take a walk?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah sure." Bruce replied.

They walked along the lake.

"You seemed pretty upset about my death." Natasha began.

"Uhh.... Well how do I put it?" Bruce laughed nervously. "You are very  to me Natasha. I have felt a connection to you from the time we met. I - I think I  love you." He whispered the last part.

"I love you too."

"B- but I am a..."

"You're not a monster. I love both sides of you. I love Bruce and I love the Hulk." She touched his face.

"Oh. That is quite unexpected."

"You should stop being so nervous around me."

"Oh okay." He pecked her on the lips. Nat looked surprised. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done that. When you said I should stop being nervous I thought you meant-"

Natasha leaned in and closed the gap in between them. She put her arms around his neck and his around her waist. They pulled away to gasp for air and leant their foreheads together with their noses touching as the sun filled over the lake casting its warm rays on the earth and illuminating the couple holding each other in the chilly evening air.

-----------------------------

*Loki P.O.V*

Honestly this guy. I'll beat the crap out of him some day. How dare he talk to my Scarlet that way? Wait what?! My Scarlet?

I sweared as realisation hit me. I like her. Not so important. I pushed the thought away and thought of what to do. I was bored as hell. Just then Scarlet walked in.

"Hey, I was thinking we should be friends."

"And why is that?"

"Because... Why not?"

"You wanna get ice cream?" I read her thoughts before she said it.

"Sure."

"What's your favourite flavour?"

"Chocolate " i answered before she asked. She smirked. Suddenly I couldn't hear her thoughts anymore.

"Let's go then shall we?" Her voice rang in my head. She turned on her heel and I followed her. We got ice - cream from quality walls. (A.N: My favourite honestly.)

"So Ragnarok didn't happen?"

"No." I stiffend.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought the topic."

"It's fine."

"Are you okay though?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned her confused.

"I mean with your life, your past, specially viewed by people you once considered enimes?"

"No. I'm fine with it. They're like my family now. But don't tell them that. I get tortured enough as it is."

She giggled. I wanted to squish her cheeks so bad, protect her from everything in the world, just to keep her giggling like that, to hold her hand in mine.

That's it.

I was officialy fucked.

"There's something here." A bit of ice-cream was on her cheek. I wiped it off with my thumb. She blushed deep red.

Awwww so cute... My poor fragile heart.

"I think we should get going."

"Yeah."

We walked in companiable silence.

"Why am I your favourite character?" I asked.

"You have this intriguing past and you're constantly trying to be a better person... I guess I can relate. Not to mention you are..."

"What?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not going to say it."

"Why?"

"It's just going to make things awkward."

"No it's not. Tell me." I demanded.

"No. I sont think I will."

I huffed and walked ahead. She caught up with me.

"Ooohhhh. Is the great God of Lies and Mischief sulking?"

"I don't attempt such atrocities beneath me."

"Who said sulking is 'beneath you'? It's adorable."

She was going to pinch my cheeks but I grabbed them and put them behind her back locking them in place with my own.

"You think I'm adorable?"

-------------------------------