10. You Didn't See That Coming?

*Steve P.O.V*

I was waiting for Bucky to speak to me. I had no idea what had happened. We were eating dinner peacefully when he wanted some sauce. Sam told me to pass it to him but he got angry. I asked him what happened when he suddenly shouted at me. My mind was blank. His each word piercing my heart like a thousand needles at once. I opened my mouth to protest but he beat me to it.

"...cause I know you'd do it again." He banged his fork on the table and left. He was right. I would've done that even now.

"My thoughts exactly" Scarlet said.

"What Bucky said." Sam spoke.

Their words barely registered in my head and I ran after Bucky. He was on the roof looking at the city.

"Why did you come after me? I want to be alone."

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked.

"What?"

"The city."

"Hm."

"I'm sorry I shouted at you like that but I still feel that what you did was wrong. I understand she was your first love, but you have to move on just thw way she did. It's been seventy years. Not for you but for everyone else. You need to let go." He said

"I know."

"You are my best friend Steve. I don't want to lose you all over again."

My heart pnged a little for god knows what reason when he said 'Best Friend'.

"You won't lose me Bucky. I'm with you. Let's go downstairs it's quite chilly up here. Besides you need sleep."

"You do know I have the same serum as you right? You know what that means?"

"We both need sleep."

"I was going to say super solider but that works too" We laughed and went to our rooms. I was glad he wasn't angry with me anymore. I went to bed with a smile on face.

----------------------------------

*Nobody's P.O.V*

Scarlet was collecting everyone's plates but saw that there was an extra left untouched on the table. She looked around and asked,

"Where's Pietro? Has anyone seen him?" she asked

"I don't know." EVerybody responded.

"Was he even watching with us? Sacrlet questioned.

"Yeah I saw him a while ago."

"Oh okay." Scarlet thought Pietro had not been talking to her since Loki came. He had not even glanced her way.

"Ahhh. Let's go. I need sleep now. Bye!"

"I know you're going patrolling." She narrowed her eyes. They were alone now.

"Be safe." Her eyes softened.

"Okay. Bye!" He returned to his room. Scarlet sighed and rubbed her head tiredly. She put Pietro's plate in the fridge and left. Only Loki remained hidden in the shadows. He thought of following him. Something was wrong with the guy. He couldn't read his mind. Wanda had placed an enchanment when Pietro had profusely requested her. Wanda had reluctantly agreed much to the exasperation of the Avengers.

-------------------

*Pietro P.O.V*

I ran out. I was already late. Just then I received the location on my phone. I was there in a few minutes. A man in a hooded robe told me what to do. I smirked and sped away. I was in the kitchen. Thinking I'd eat something before I did my work I opened the fridge. I found a plate of food with a note. It read,

"You were not there for dinner so I kept it in the fridge. Heat it in the microwave before you eat it.
                                 :))))Scarlet"

I felt kinda bad for her, considering what I was about to do. I ate the food quickly and ran up to her room. I took out the syringe and approached her. As I neared her sleeping figure and vent over her, I noticed something was wrong. She wasn't breathing. Shit! Did someone get her before me?

Suddenly I was grabbed in a headlock.

"What? You didn't see that coming? And then I blacked out.

-------------------------