Prologue

Long, long time ago...

There was the world of earth, such as the land. And the sea, such as the ocean.

Now, in the distant land, there was the castle, lived by the king and queen.

The queen gave birth to two lovable children.

The king was surprised yet smiling at their two children.

They are the twins.

The princess named Lucia. And the prince named Lucas.

Years go by, Lucia and Lucas have grown to become the beautiful and handsome twins.

They are close since childhood.

One day, the king summoned his daughter for a talk.

The king told Lucia that she will be the next queen of his castle.

The princess questioned her father for the subject.

Why's that?

The king explained to Lucia that her mother gave birth to the princess first.

So Lucia was being expected to rule someday after her parents, the king and queen.

Lucas eavesdropped on the other side of the room.

Shocked at by his father's decision to his older sister, the prince became envious.

Lucas calls on the royal guards to meet them in the dungeon.

Day turned to night.

The prince tells them that he should be the one to rule the castle, not his twin sibling.

The royal guards can't imagine the next queen to rule by herself.

So, the plans to do with Princess Lucia was secretive, between Lucas and the royal guards.

The next day, the prince asked Lucia about getting married before she became to be the queen.

The princess shook her head. Lucia told her brother that she was in no hurry to fall for any prince.

Love takes time.

For the princess, she was smart, confident and cautious about the idea of being loved by the princes in her royal castle.

Lucas understood her. Yet, the prince may have to take action first.

So Lucas invited Lucia to play in the royal garden late at night.

The princess considers.

The prince assured her that the guards will make sure no one will snatch the royal children.

Lucia felt safer, thanks to her dear twin younger brother.

Or is it really safe for the princess?

After Lucia and Lucas stepped outside of the castle, the royal guards ambushed the princess.

They have bound and gagged her.

Lucia doesn't get about Lucas.

Why won't her brother get help from their parents? And why did Lucas let the royal guards take her further away from the kingdom?

The prince waved his twin sister a farewell. Lucas grinned like the devil himself.

Far, far, far, far, far away from the castle, Princess Lucia was being dropped off at the witch's house.

The two white witches meets the princess with the royal guards.

They are baffled.

So the royal guards explains to them about Prince Lucas getting rid of Princess Lucia due to envy.

The two white witches furrowed their brows at them.

Without an explanation for the prince's evil act, the royal guards gave the tied-up princess to the two white witches.

They left afterwards.

The two white witches helped Lucia inside of their house.

They untied the ropes and removed the white cloth from the princess.

Lucia cries her eyes out for what happened back outside of the castle.

The two white witches comforted the princess.

Later on, they kept her healthy for feeding Lucia. And they gave her a rest for awhile.

Poor Princess Lucia was sad because she misses her family so much.

The princess went on her knees. She pleaded the two witches to help her stop Lucas for being a mean royal sibling.

They rethink the princess's beg.

Of course, they told her to take a swim in the ocean before leaving.

Lucia still wants to reunite with her family again. So the princess attempts to protest.

But the two white witches insisted.

Princess Lucia had to do what the two white witches tell her to.

The princess has her feet touched against the wet sand, along with the waves coming to her legs.

Lucia doesn't like the cold seawater, but in her mind she actually loves to swim.

Not only Lucia can swim, she floats like a sea otter.

The princess lays the ocean's surface with her back, feeling a nice drift of the sea.

Lucia closes her eyes.

She makes a wish for herself.

I wish I was a pretty mermaid in this ocean.

The two white witches sees the princess made herself a wish on the sea.

They smiled gladly.

The two white witches put a spell on Princess Lucia.

The princess got a strange feeling out of nowhere.

Lucia was alarmed by her sudden cramps on both of her legs.

The princess sinks under the ocean.

Lucia extends her right hand to the sea's surface.

But she was descended into the bottom of the ocean instantly.

Her pair of legs are transformed into the pink tail fin.

And what's worse for the princess, she falls down more to the sand floor.

Lucia thought she was drowning.

To her confusion, the princess was breathing in the sea.

And then, Lucia hears the two white witches' voices in her head.

The princess was scared to death after that.

To break the mermaid's spell, actually there are two ways to break the spell.

If you get a kiss by the merman, you will be a mermaid for all eternity.

If you get a kiss from the prince on land, you will be human again.

If not, you will be lost in the world of water. Your heart, your soul, your spirit, everything that keeps you alive. You have a whole month to live, princess.

Lucia covers her mouth with dismay.

A whole month to live as a mermaid?! Is she gonna die if the spell is not broken?!

I will continue this soon. I'm getting the feeling this is gonna be a good one.