Chapter 8

In the house of seashells, Lucia wakes up from Lucien's bed.

The princess detects the aquamarine blanket covered over her right shoulder.

The rose gold mermaid sighs. Lucia has her emotionless expression at first.

Then, she remembers the cerulean merman.

The princess blinked her eyes twice. Lucia was astounded.

She recollected her last night with Lucien.

The cerulean merman tucked the aquamarine blanket into her, only her right shoulder. Lucien hugged behind the pink mermaid.

Lucia missed what expression he used when she was fast asleep.

The princess recognized his anxious low voice.

"I lost my friends because of Nero. I'm not ready to lose you to him. I just want to see your cheery self. Your smile makes me feel happy. But your sad eyes make me feel pity for you. Oh sweetfish...you might not see me in my eyes as I'm about to tell you...Lucia...I'm in love with you..."

The rose gold mermaid covers her mouth, gasped.

The princess was surprised.

Is that cerulean merman really falling in love with Lucia?

The pink mermaid had to think. Lucia had to think before she admits her feelings towards Lucien.

For years in the castle, she mostly finds the princes to be acquaintances. Or good friends.

Not the idea of having a relationship with one.

It was kind of the cerulean merman of teaching the princess how to swim like a mermaid.

But the thought of living her life as a mermaid did not come to her.

The rose gold mermaid had not even made a friend with the merman before.

Lucia takes a deep breath.

The princess was scared but she attempts to find her encouragement to speak with Lucien again.

The pink mermaid got out of the merman's bed in a hurry.

Suddenly, she descends into the sand. Lucia braced herself to get sand all over her again. "Ah!" She gasps.

The princess checked her rose gold tail fin.

Just as what she expected, Lucia gets some sand every time she falls down.

The pink mermaid sighed.

The princess stands up halfway.

And then, Lucia was being carried in bridal style by the cerulean merman.

She faced him with bafflement. "Lucien." Lucia whispered.

The cerulean merman takes her up off of the sand. Lucien made his puzzling smile. "Forget how to swim again, sweetfish?" He asked.

The rose gold mermaid sighs again. Lucia was shy yet smiling. "I kinda really hoped you would ask me that." She answered.

The cerulean merman blinked his eyes thrice times. Lucien was amazed. He almost went speechless.

The pink mermaid tilts her head to her right. "How old are you?" She wondered.

The cerulean merman was astonished. "How what?" He inquires.

Lucia was curious with her smile. "How old are you?" She wondered again.

Lucien was perplexed. The cerulean merman realized finally. "Oh...Seventeen..." He replied.