Chapter 6

Lucien and his mother are outside of their home.

They talked while viewing the open ocean.

The cerulean merman still worries about earlier with the pink mermaid and the sea's surface. Lucien looks up at the night sky. The moonlight illuminates the sand floor. "Mother, I can't stand seeing Lucia sad. Not when she was close to above the water." He said.

Pearl sighed. She agreed with her mer-son. The purple mermaid was solemn. "My sea greens did the trick of calming her down. We are both in the same subject here, Lucien. The poor dear misses her family." Pearl said.

The cerulean merman glanced at his mer-mother. "Did Lucia say anything else to you?" Lucien asked.

The purple mermaid shrugged. "Nothing much." She answered.

Then, Pearl looks back at him. The purple mermaid raised her eyebrow. "Have you asked her anything?" She wondered.

The cerulean merman was annoyed. Lucien narrows his eyes. "Mother, I tried. Lucia took one look at me and gets reddened by my face. She swam away from me after some seconds later. Back to my bedroom." He replied.

The purple mermaid smiled. Pearl rolled her eyes. "I think our sweetfish guest was blushing at you, Lucien." She believed.

The cerulean merman was surprised by his mer-mother. "Really, mother? I made her blushed?" Lucien asks.

Pearl nodded her head. "It seemed that way." She answers in her confirmation.

The cerulean merman sighs. Lucien was bothered. "We need to take one problem at a time for now. First, Nero. And Lucia the next. If HE knows about another mermaid in the ocean..." he mentioned.

The purple mermaid was not concerned. "Your father and your brother are not going to give up on the innocent mermaids by the tentacles of the cecaelia." Pearl reassured.

Lucien shrugs his shoulders. "We haven't heard from father and Caspian in years, mother." He stated.

The purple mermaid smiles big. "As long as they are keeping Nero and his army of cecaelias busy with their army of mer-warriors, Lucia's safe with us." Pearl reassured again.

Lucien takes a breath of relief. The cerulean merman was glad with his mer-mother. "I hoped you're right, mother." He said.

The purple mermaid raises her eyebrow at him. "You don't hoped I'm right. You are supposed to know I'm right." Pearl uttered.

The cerulean merman made a light laugh with her. "Classic mother. You never failed to make me happy in the sea." Lucien commented.

In the cerulean merman's bedroom, Lucien checked out the rose gold mermaid around. He was curious. "Lucia?" Lucien asked.

The cerulean merman sees her laying on his bed.

Lucien was affectionate. He swam to her.

The cerulean merman tucked her in with his aquamarine blanket. "Good night, sweetfish." He said softly.

After Lucien kissed her right cheek, the cerulean merman noticed something odd about her.

The pink mermaid was soft like pillows?

Lucien removed the aquamarine blanket from his bed.

There are more than a dozen aquamarine pillows, big and small.

The cerulean merman was appalled. Lucien swims instantly out of his bedroom. "Lucia!" He exclaimed.

————————————