Chapter 16

Princess Lucia was happier that her mother, Queen Sandra, was awakened by King Marcus, her father.

The rose gold mermaid looks at the cerulean merman with her nervous expression. "Lucien, I don't know how to tell them about us." Lucia said.

The cerulean merman was not worried for the mermaid princess. Lucien was confident at the pink mermaid. "Lucia, we can tell them together." He reassures.

King Marcus and Queen Sandra released from each other from their lips. They took deep breaths after the kiss.

The queen recognized her daughter. Queen Sandra was baffled. "Lucia?" The queen wondered.

The rose gold mermaid was melancholy at the dark red mermaid. "Mother, please don't ask me to go back home for the kingdom." She begged in her reply.

Prince Lucas didn't understand why his twin sister could breathe air this time. Then, the prince was wide-eyed at Lucia. "Oh my gosh." He whispers.

Queen Sandra was curious yet reassuring at the pink mermaid. "Lucia, what's upsetting you, sweetheart?" The queen asked.

Lucas looked at the dark red mermaid. The prince was surprised. "Mother, Lucia got kissed by a merman." He uttered.

King Marcus and Queen Sandra glanced at Lucien in astonishment.

The cerulean merman wrapped his arms around the rose gold mermaid. Lucien was concerned. He faced the king and queen. "I don't know if Lucia is a human being or a mermaid. All I know is that your daughter was under the spell. That's why she's having trouble swimming. And the gills was just a way for her to stay out of the surface. I worried for Lucia because of Nero. It's really why I have to keep her safe." Lucien explained.

The purple mermaid was smiling at the king and queen. Pearl was glad. "The mermaid princess is okay. Your daughter is in love with my son, Lucien." She said.

The purple mermaid shook her head, still smiling. "Lucia doesn't want to leave her true love." Pearl stated.

King Marcus blinked his eyes twice in befuddlement.

Queen Sandra was happier with her daughter. The dark red mermaid sighs. "Oh I remember that Lucia loves to swim in the ocean when she was a child." Sandra reminisced.

The queen shrugged. "Poor Lucas was scared of the water." She mentioned.

The prince was embarrassed. "Mother..." Prince Lucas whined.

The king took a deep breath. King Marcus was sympathetic. "Daughter, it seems to me that seeing you as a mermaid, falling in love with this merman here." He said, gesturing to Lucien.

The cerulean merman and the princess are perplexed at the king.

Marcus took a deep breath again. "It's my apologies to you, Lucia, for making you do things that you're not comfortable doing in the castle. And you can stay in the sea with Lucien." He said.

Queen Sandra made a sad smile at the king. "Oh Marcus." She said.

The pink mermaid was gladder than ever. Lucia grinned. "Oh thank you father!" She exclaimed.

Lucien let go of the rose gold mermaid. He smiled big.

Princess Lucia slides over to her father for a hug. Queen Sandra joined the hug. The dark red mermaid was joyful. "My mermaid princess is growing up so much." Sandra said. The purple mermaid hugs her mer-son. Pearl was proud of the cerulean merman. "Lucien, you got a princess to be with you." She said. The cerulean merman hugged her mer-mother back. "I'm just lucky that I rescued one." He mentions. Lucien and Lucia switched embraces with each other. Pearl and Sandra embraced the mermaid princess. Lucia wraps her arms around the purple and the dark red mermaid. "Oh thank you, mother. Pearl, you're a good mer-person." The princess said. Sandra and Pearl are awestruck at Lucia. The king squeezed a hug on the cerulean merman. "Lucien, you would make a good prince for my daughter to me." Marcus believes. Lucien was confused with the king. He patted King Marcus on his back three times. "Ah, your majesty, I'm not a prince." Lucien confessed. The king faces the cerulean merman. Marcus was cheerful. He waves his both hands like it was nothing. "Oh, don't be so humble." King Marcus reassures.