Chapter 10

Back in the house of seashells, the princess promised to Lucien that she wouldn't go up to the surface again.

The rose gold mermaid finished eating up Pearl's homemade sea greens.

Lucia doesn't mind the underwater nature view for a change. She smiles at every fish it passes by her.

The swordfishes.

The seahorses.

The catfishes.

The flounders.

The clownfishes going into their anemone home.

The butterflyfishes, the moorish idol fishes, the anchovies and the betta fishes.

The pink mermaid glances at her left.

Lucia got startled by one yellowish pointy fish. She falls backwards, landing on the sand. "Ahh!" The rose gold mermaid shrieked.

The light colored spiky fish inflated itself like a balloon in fear. It flapped its fins crazily, going slow to the right.

The purple mermaid was delighted. "It's all right, dear. It's only a blowfish. Those things are harmless." Pearl reassured.

The cerulean merman came to help the pink mermaid up. Lucien was smiling. "It's just shy. The blowfish won't hurt you." He reassures.

The purple mermaid laughed heartily. Pearl was happy. "I see the blowfish likes Lucia. It just doesn't know how to show it." She said.

The rose gold mermaid looked at Pearl confusingly. "Wait, how long was that...that blowfish staring at me?" Lucia asked.

Pearl shrugs her shoulders. "I believe I could say hours." She answered.

The pink mermaid was taken aback. "That freaky fish stared at me eating seaweeds for hours?!" Lucia thought.

The purple mermaid laughs at the rose gold mermaid again. "Oh dear. You seemed surprised when I just said that." Pearl comments.

The cerulean merman rolls his eyes and shook his head. "Never mind my mother here, Lucia. She likes to see the mer-people's reactions to things. Me in particular." Lucien mentions.

The pink mermaid stared at him. Lucia was amazed. "You?" She wondered.

The cerulean merman nodded his head. Lucien was not amused. "Yup." He replied.

The purple mermaid shuts her eyes. Pearl was laughing again, replaying Lucia got scared by the blowfish in her mind.

The cerulean merman grinned and shook his head at his mer-mother. Lucien faced the rose gold mermaid. The cerulean merman was confident. "Lucia..." he started. The pink mermaid stares at Lucien. The princess made a slight smile at him. The cerulean merman takes her hands in his. Lucien moved her hands to his chest. "Would you swim with me?" He asks.

Lucia begins to be cheerful. Her eyes glowed like the moonlight on the sea's surface. "Yes I will." She answers.

The cerulean merman was beamed.

Then, Lucien had to double check. "Do you still need help with your swimming, sweetfish?" He wonders.

The rose gold mermaid shook her head. "No." She replies.

Then, Lucia was certain. "I will try not to forget not to bend while doing it." She recalled.

The cerulean merman cannot stop staring at her deep pink eyes.

The pink mermaid couldn't look away from his vermilion eyes.

Lucien let go of Lucia's right hand.

The cerulean merman drags her left hand with his right hand, escorting the rose gold mermaid to the open ocean.

The purple mermaid reopens her eyes. Pearl stopped laughing. The purple mermaid was astonished.

Lucien and Lucia are swimming together in the open sea.

Pearl became joyful. "Ah, how romantic. They're in love." She whispered.

Next part soon!