Chapter 9

Back in the castle, the prince was anguished. Lucas faced her father, hoping for the king to show his sympathy. "Father, my sister's under a spell and mother hasn't returned with her." The prince said.

The king nodded his head. He was emotionless. "Yes. And if you haven't set up the ambush on the princess with the guards, none of this ever happened." The king remarked.

Prince Lucas shrugged. "I was jealous." He argued.

The king tilted his head to his left. "For what? That your sister is four minutes older than you? Or was it the food that you're getting tired of eating because it's too darn healthy?" He wondered.

The prince sighed. "It was both actually." He admitted in his reply.

The king was serious. "Lucas...do you know why we don't eat fish from the sea, son?" He asked.

The prince was perplexed. "Because mother's allergic to fish?" He guessed.

The king shook his head. Then, he was solemn. "It's because I have married your mother a mermaid." The king corrected in his answer.

Lucas was surprised. "What? How is that possible?" He inquired.

The king took a deep breath. He looked pathetic. "I was like just your age, son...Your grandfather won't allow a marriage between a human and a mermaid...I was in love with Sandra...That is your mother, Lucas...And I was about to have a arranged marriage with some princess for the castle...Gosh, he wanted everything to be perfect as it should be...I either stay with my family or be with the mermaid I love...I chose the mermaid..." The king explained.

Prince Lucas blinked his eyes once. The prince was puzzled. "Then how are we still here in the castle?" He wonders.

The king smiled at his son. "Your grandmother went to the witch's house...The two white witches she spoke with me in the bedtime story...She gave your mother an early wedding gift...The red lion's paw seashell necklace...When your mother wore it, she became a human being like everyone else...Your grandmother saved me from being homeless..." he replies.

Lucas blinks his eyes twice. The prince was astounded. "Wow..." he whispered.

Then, Prince Lucas remembered something important. "Father, earlier...Mother showed me that necklace before she left for my sister..." He mentioned.

The king raised his eyebrow at him. "Then you know why we don't eat fish from the ocean." He said.

The prince was baffled. "Is there a way to bring Princess Lucia back home, even it involves gills in her mermaid form?" He asks.

The king pondered. "Hmmm." He said.

Then, the king was annoyed. "I don't think it will work out for the princess." He answers.

Prince Lucas was drawing his blank face. "May I ask why, father?" He wondered.

The king was melancholy. "I was to blame for Lucia's feelings hurt. I expect too much of her. The pressure overwhelms her greatly." He replied in his confession.

For the first time, the prince sees his father that he regretted everything to the princess.

The king only used her while he was in his bed, recovering from his serious injury.

Just to go pleasing the kingdom and the princes too.

Prince Lucas takes a deeper breath. The prince was glum. "Perhaps, father...we both need to apologize to Lucia..." He declared.

Next part soon!