Chapter 7

The king was confused by his son. He was awakened from his long rest on his bed. "Who the heck is Nero, Lucas?" The king asked.

The prince was nervous yet brave enough to face his father. "Nero is a cecaelia." Lucas answered.

The king raises his eyebrow. "A cecaelia?" He inquired.

The royal scholar heads to him, showing the pages of the tan book. He was confident. "Allow me to show you, your majesty." The royal scholar said insistently.

There was the two-page illustration of the mythical creature. The top half of the body part is a man. And the bottom of the body part is the tentacles of the squid. It was sketchy, taking place in the surface of the sea. Probably the last sighting of the cecaelia.

The king was fascinated.

Prince Lucas hovers over the royal scholar. The prince was taken aback. "My gosh! It's a sea monster!" He exclaimed.

The royal scholar was still confident. He smiles in his eccentric way. The royal scholar points out to Prince Lucas. "Ah, your highness. This may look like a sea monster. But this drawing you see here is half man, half sea creature. The tentacles you notice here could be either the squid or the octopus. And the rest on top is just half human as it looks." He explained.

The prince was frowning. "The two white witches told me that Lucia's safe from this...this abnormal sea thing..." he mentioned.

The king faced his son. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Son, you said that's the cecaelia. Then I said that is a sea demon." The king said.

The royal scholar blinked his eyes once. "It's interesting that the sea demon has a thing with mermaids." He said.

Lucas was bothersome. "Sir, I don't understand." The prince added. He sounded urgent. "Why is the...the sea demon chasing mermaids?" Prince Lucas wondered.

The royal scholar was not surprised to his conclusion. "The cecaelia wants to control the whole ocean." He replied.

The prince was staggered. "What?" He inquires.

The king was serious. "Lucas, the mer-people are fighting the cecaelias for regaining the entire sea. It has been going on forever. Before we as humans were born." He clarified.

Prince Lucas shrugged. "Father, are they going to balance the water after the cecaelias are finished?" He asks.

The king looked at his son with concern. "If the army of the mer-people can't save the sea, we could not live without it." He answers.

The prince was depressed. Lucas let out a breath. "Nero's gonna destroy us, along with the merfolk." He whispered.

—————————

The dark red mermaid swims thru the open ocean floor. Queen Sandra surveyed the areas. She was so worried. "Lucia! Lucia, return my call for you! Lucia! Lucia!" Sandra exclaimed.

The dark red mermaid breathes hard. The queen would not give up on her daughter.

Lucia's life is at stake.

Sandra hoped she wasn't too late to see her daughter again.

Before the spell runs out.

Behind the long wavy seaweeds, there was the silhouette of the sinister sea mythical creature.

The living underwater creature was half the body of the man. And half of the tentacles of the squid.

The dark orange tentacles grabbed onto the seaweeds.

He hummed the wicked laugh.

"This will be the day for me...to catch some fish in the peaceful sea..."

The sea demon laughed evilly with his mouth shut.

He smirked.

Next part soon!