Chapter 3

Back in the witch's house, Cory and Sara got a royal visit.

It was Prince Lucas.

He crisscrossed his arms. Lucas was not thrilled. "I have come here to pick up my twin sister." He said.

The two white witches are mystified.

Sara speaks first. "Your twin sister, your highness?" She inquired.

The prince shook his head. "Look, my father and mother know what I have done to her." Lucas added, explaining. "The queen have noticed something amiss before the king did. If you two would just let me see her and apologize for my jealous behavior, I will take Lucia back home." He mentioned.

Cory and Sara looked at each other in their unease expression.

Then, the second white witch came up with unusual situation they are having. "We will love to do that, your highness. And I'm glad you have come to your senses just now." Sara added, getting to her point. She twiddled her fingers. "Except Princess Lucia is not with us for some time ago." The second white witch explained.

Prince Lucas was irritated. "And why not?" He asked.

Sara was calmed for a moment.

Cory was on her verge to spill the truth out. The first white witch was panicking.

Sara took a deep breath. "Your twin sister's not here for some time ago because-"

Cory fanned herself wildly. "Because we turned her into a mermaid and I gave her gills!" She blurted out in her answer.

Sara had her eyes widened. She facepalmed herself. "Oh Cory..." Sara mumbled.

The prince was astonished. Lucas just heard what really happened to Lucia. "You two turned my sister into a mermaid?!" He exclaimed in his inquiry.

Cory was exaggerated. "The princess made a wish that she was a mermaid around here. Lucia was begging for us to get her home to her family." She explained in her fast-talking way.

Sara looked at Cory with her firm expression. "You're the one who gives the princess gills!" Sara exclaims.

Cory looks back at Sara with her anxious face. "It was your idea to put Lucia under the spell!" Cory mentions.

Sara rolled her eyes. "Are we seriously going to argue about spells again here?" She wondered.

Cory shrugged. "You thought the princess can swim on her way home." She replied.

Prince Lucas was impatient. "All right, witches." He said.

The prince furrowed his eyebrows. "Do you two know where my sister is? Where is Princess Lucia?" Lucas asks.

Sara sighed. She faced the prince. Sara was melancholy. She hates disappointing the royal visitor. "Your highness, I am afraid to be a bearer of bad news. You might as well return home to your father and mother and tell them what happened in person." Sara answers.

Prince Lucas was angry. "Where is Lucia? My twin sister?" He wonders.

Cory was perplexed. "We don't know where the princess is. We checked her out by the crystal ball. The place she's in is unfamiliar to us." She explains in her reply.

The prince was puzzled. "If Princess Lucia is a mermaid, is she somewhere in the sea?" He asked.

Sara nodded her head. She was pleased. "Oh yes, your highness." Sara answered. Then, she fingered her right index finger out. "Only the princess is not alone after one day." Sara mentioned.

Prince Lucas shrugs his shoulders. "How long has it been since my sister was a mermaid?" He wondered.

Cory was befuddled. "Um...two days at least..." she replied.

The prince extended his arms at the two white witches. "Lucia is a pro swimmer. She's been practicing swimming for years." Lucas stated.

Then, Prince Lucas was growing his expression of concern. "My sister shouldn't be a mermaid." He said.

Sara narrowed her eyes. She was not amused. "Your highness, I don't know why you let the royal guards kidnapped her and send her to us. But that's no reason for you to be so jealous of your sister." Sara said.

The prince was bewildered. "My mother, the queen, fired the royal guards who ambushed my sister. And my father, the king, was not doing great of himself." Lucas confesses.

Cory was curious. "Is the king sick?" She wonders.

Prince Lucas sighs. "He's injured. My father had to stay in bed for weeks." The prince replies.

Sara was drawing herself a blank face. "That king needs a break for fighting the monsters a lot from the kingdom." She said.

Lucas was alarmed. "Can't you two break the spell? I mean what is Lucia have to do to be human again?" He asks.

Cory was smiling. "The princess has two ways to break the spell." She answered.

Sara was glum. She shook her head. "I was hoping it would be easy for her. But with the gills Lucia got and can't even swim like a mermaid. Her chance to be human again is slim." Sara said.

Prince Lucas was despaired. "This is my fault for getting rid of my sister from the castle. Lucia must have been scared and alone in the ocean. I won't forgive myself if anything happens to her." He said.

Cory shook her head, still smiling. "Oh the princess is not alone, your highness." She said.

Sara sighs. She made a sad smile. "Your sister's safe from Nero. The merman and his mother make sure of her safety in their seashell home." Sara uttered.

The prince blinks his eyes twice. Lucas was puzzling. "Who the heck is Nero?" He inquires.

Next part soon!