Part 5

Mistakes ahead. Please bear with it. Thanks.

______________________________________

Qiren told Wei ying that the person in the picture is his younger brother 'Lan An'.

Wei Ying, "Your younger brother?"

Qiren, "Yes.... I regret that I couldn't be a good brother to him. I failed him".

Wei Ying, "Grandpa! Can you tell me about it?"

Qiren nod. Qiren started telling Wei ying the whole story.

Qiren said, "Lan An was my younger brother. He was 3 years younger than me. We used to live with our uncle after our parents death. Although uncle treated us like a father but I did had doubts about his personality. But I chose to ignore it. One day, I came to know that someone has murdered uncle. I got really angry. I started searching for that person who dared to murder uncle. What I found out shocked me as the murderer was a woman. I wanted to highly punish that woman. I was planning to send that woman to prison for life long but the thing that came further shocked me as my brother brought that woman to our house as his.... Newly wedded wife. I was enraged. I strictly told Lan An to divorce that woman and send her to prison but Lan an didn't listened to me. He even threatened me that if I dared to hurt 'Lan Xie' his wife.... He'll.... He'll commit suicide. It scared me a lot. I couldn't afford to lose my only brother. I told him that 'he should take the punishment as he violated our Lan rules. For the first time in my life, my brother fought with me and that too for that murderer. He was trying to make me understand something but I turned a deaf ear to it. I was so enraged that I didn't understood what I said. I.....i disowned him. I came to my senses when I saw tears in his eyes. He went inside his room and started packing his belongings. I wanted to stop him but I couldn't because.... I already lost the right to stop him. That day he left with his wife forever. That day and today.... I didn't got Amy information about him or his family. I highly regretted my decision when I came to know the real truth. I came to know that 'uncle kidnapped Lan Xie and used to torture her. One day, when he attempted to rape her, she killed Uncle and ran away from there. I tried to gather any kind of information about my brother but.....all in vain". Qiren had tears in his eyes.

Wei Ying patted Qiren's shoulder.

Qiren asked Wei ying, "a-ying! How do you know my brother?"

Wei Ying, "I met him in Korea. He was my grandfather's best friend. He would often give me sweets. He was a nice person. I was 6 years old at that time. His son and wife were also nice. But then my father had a transfer to China so we came here. I really missed them".

Qiren, "They were in Korea and....had a son?"

Wei Ying, "Yes.... Now his son might also have children".

Qiren, "My great grandchildren..... I wish I could meet them. I want to ask for forgiveness from them".

Wei Ying kept quiet for a while and then said, "Mr and Mrs. Lan died in an accident when I was seven years old. I heard about their accident from my father when he was talking on the phone".

Qiren's heart sank when he heard this. His tears started flowing down his cheeks.

Qiren asked, "a-ying! I told you about my past but you didn't told me. Will you tell me?"

Wei Ying hesitantly nod. He didn't told Qiren about his marriage thingy. He only told Qiren about his family and that Jiang family adopted him. He told Qiren how his aunty treated him and that he ran away from home as he was fed up with his aunt's maltreatment. He didn't told Qiren about his marriage.

Wei Ying took a deep breath and told
Qiren everything. Qiren was shocked and also felt bad for Wei ying but what shocked him the most was when he heard the surname 'Lan'.