Part 13

Mistakes ahead. Please bear with them. Thanks.

______________________________________

Lan Wangji slowly opened his eyes. He tried to get up, he held his head with a groan. His head was hurting like hell luckily his head wasn't bleeding.

Wangji got up with great difficulty holding his throbbing head. He steadied himself and looked here and there. He was still in the jungle. It was evening time. They came here in the noon and now it's evening.

He got panicked when he remembered Wei ying. He started running towards the river without caring for his headache.

He was silently praying for Wei ying to be alright. Wangji reached the river. He got more panicked when he didn't saw Wei ying. His heart was beating abnormally. He was having a bad feeling.

He first looked around but found no one. He decides to call Wei ying. But he got more than shocked when he heard Wei Ying's phone ringing from nearby somewhere.

Wangji searched here and there and found Wei Ying's mobile lying on the grass.

Wangji felt suffocated suddenly. He immediately ran away from there to file a report in the police station.

He filed the report. The police reassured him that they'll leave no effort to find his (Wangji's) husband. Wangji also told the police about what happened earlier before he got unconscious.

That night, police started searching for Wei ying. They searched the whole jungle but to no avail.

The police told Wangji that they will continue their work tomorrow.

Wangji couldn't sleep whole night. He kept tossing and turning in the bed. He was constantly praying for Wei ying to be alright. Tears were falling from Wangji's eyes. A lump was forming in his throat.

----

The next day, the police searched for Wei ying everywhere but all in vain. They searched the whole river too but found no corpse. Although they saw dried blood stains on a big rock. Wangji's heart sank looking at the blood.

They thought, "Something must have eaten Wei ying".

The police continued their search for 3 days but all in vain. In these three days, Wangji didn't ate properly. He looked very weak and pale. He didn't informed anyone in his home. He ignored his family's calls.

Xichen got worried as Wangji wasn't picking the call and also didn't even texted. Mianmian was also worried for Wangji.

Xichen decides that he'll visit Wangji. Mianmian refused by saying that 'your condition is not good. You should send someone else'. But Xichen didn't listened to anything.

Madam jin told Zixun to go with brother Xichen.

Xichen didn't liked this jin family at all. He didn't wanted Zixun to go with him but at last due to Mianmian's constant urging, Xichen finally agreed.

They booked a flight for Korea. Their flight was of 5:00 pm. They bid farewell to others and left for Korea.

----

It has been more than a week now. The police lost their hope and apologized to Wangji.

Wangji was like looking like a living corpse. Xichen was with him. Xichen would urge Wangji to eat but Wangji wouldn't eat more than 3 loafs.

Xichen was very much worried about his son. He felt really sad for Wei ying too.

Mianmian was also worried for her son. She wanted to come to Korea but Xichen refused her. Madam jin would give reassurance to Mianmian saying 'everything is gonna be alright'.