(8) Nightmare

"Who is this lady in this photo...And this man?"

Jimin asked and grandpa sighed...

"No one wants to be a mafia by their own will...Neither did Tae...Taehyung's dark past was rooted in his family's involvement in the mafia. His father was a ruthless mafia boss who ruled with an iron fist, and his mother was a submissive woman who had no choice but to follow her husband's orders.

Growing up, Taehyung witnessed firsthand the violence and brutality that his father inflicted on others. He saw his father kill people without remorse, and he knew that he was expected to follow in his footsteps...

But his life took a drastic turn when he got to know that his father is selling his mother as a deal...Tae and his mother decided to run away...But faith had different plans...They got caught by Kuroi yakuza...The guy marked in the newspaper...He tried taking her with him and when she refused...He...He shot her infront of her son...She fell in the Han river and her body was never found...Since then there are only 2 purposes in taehyung's life...The first one being Never become like his father and The second one is killing yakuza..."

Jimin was shocked...He never even thought that Taehyung's past could be so dark...

Him being soft hearted felt sympathy for taehyung...

----------------------

"I am telling you again...Put sign boards...I keep getting lost here"

Jimin whined and Jay chuckled

"Taehyung must've killed many land owners of own this big ass mansion"

"Um...No actually it is transferred from ancestors...It will be transferred to boss's child as well"

Jay teased jimin who pressed his lips to a thin line before pulling Jay's ear...

"You brat"

"Ow ow!! Sorry hyung!...I was just kidding"

-------------------

"So what am I supposed to do?"

"Nothing...Just cook lunch for him"

Jimin sighed...

"Okay...what about you?"

"I'll have later...I'm fine..."

"Uhuh...Sure you are"

"I have to go now...Call me when you're done..."

Jimin nodded and Jay left...

---------------

Taehyung was in his home office...He just got done with his work...And decided to see what others were doing...After going through a few visuals he found jimin...

He was cooking which humming a melody...When he heard that melody He felt something inside him...His heart doing flips at the similar soothing voice...

"Eomma! How much more time??"

Little tae asked his mother...who smiled and ruffled his hair

"Just a minute baby...I'm almost done"

"Okayy"

His mother started humming a soothing song which taehyung loved listening that's why everytime she was cooking he would come and sit on the kitchen slab...

Taehyung immediately closed his laptop and sighed

--------------------

After about half an hour...Tae heard a knock on his door...

"Come in"

He said coldly...Focusing on the papers...
The door opened and jimin came in with a tray in his hands...

"Have an appetising lunch!"

Jimin smiled at him making tae raise an eyebrow at him...He started to leave but taehyung stopped him...

"Stop...Why did you say those words?"

Taehyung asked suspecting

".....Ain't I even allowed to be nice?"

He just kept staring at Jimin...

"What?"

"You mixed something in this...What's it...poison?"

"Excuse me Mr. Pookie bear...I'm not cruel like you"

Jimin rolled his eyes...
Taehyung just stared at him for a few minutes before taking a spoon...It was the first time he was trying food made by Jimin...Burnt pasta doesn't count...

Jimin just stood there waiting for taehyung to praise him...But its Kim taehyung we are talking about...After having the first bite the only thing he told jimin was

"Get out of my sight"

WHAT THE ACTUAL HUMPTY DUMPTY HELL?!!

"Pardon?"

Jimin asked and tae looked up

"Get out of my sight..."

Min fumed in anger and left...Not before slamming the door shut making hell lot of noise...

-------------------

"What a complete asshole...I was just trying to be nice and he...UGHHHHH"

-------------------

It was already night and jimin was sitting on the bed but as soon as he heard footsteps he quickly laid down and covered his face with the duvet...

He heard the door open and close...And again another door open and close...He peeked out and saw the room empty...He's in the bathroom...

Jimin scoffed and closed his eyes and fell asleep...

-----------------------

Taehyung, tossed and turned in his sleep, his face contorted in agony. He was having a nightmare...

"You are a disgrace"

"Can't even handle a slap? You useless piece of shit"

"Ap...Appa please...It hurts"

Tae murmured in his sleep...

He couldn't escape the memories that haunted him...He saw his dad

"You have to die"

Suddenly, he woke up with a start, his heart racing and sweat dripping down his forehead. He sat up in bed, gasping for air, trying to calm himself down..

"Taehyung, are you okay?"

he heard someone ask softly...

Taehyung shook his head, unable to speak. He felt like he was suffocating, like the weight of his past was crushing him...

Jimin was about to ask him what happened...But before that taehyung pulled him in his arms hugging him tight...Min could feel Tae's heart thumping...

"He's going to kill me"

Jimin blinked a few times... Realising that Taehyung had a nightmare...He hesitated but then wrapped his arms around tae...Who scooted closer, tightening his grip...

"It's...It's alright Taehyung...Look...You're in your room...It was just a nightmare...You are completely safe"

Jimin assured and kept whispering until he felt taehyung relaxing...

Soon Tae relaxed...Falling back to sleep with his head in jimin's lap...

Min couldn't believe that he's the same man who can make anyone shudder just by a single glare...

Was his father really that cruel?? So cruel that he wanted to kill his own son And sell his own wife...?

He sighed looking down at tae who was sleeping peacefully like a small kid...

------------------