✧ ˚ 9· nine .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Tony and Pepper remained by Ava's side the whole night. After James and Sarah's visit, Ava had quickly fallen back to sleep, both due to exhaustion and a desire to avoid talking to her father and Pepper. The room was filled with a mix of worry and relief as they kept a close watch over her, hoping for a full recovery and a chance to mend their fractured relationship.

As dawn approached, Ava began to stir awake. Tony and Pepper's eyes were fixed on her, filled with both concern and a newfound determination to be present in her life. Ava blinked and looked around, her gaze eventually settling on her father.

A pained cough escaped Ava's lips, bringing her hand up to her lips, it felt heavy as she noticed the IV embedded in her skin. 

 Tony and Pepper immediately rushed to Ava's side, concern etched across their faces. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" Tony asked with worry, gently placing a hand on her shoulder.

Ava managed a weak smile. "I'm fine, just a little sore," she replied, her voice hoarse now.

The nurse, who had been attending to Ava, approached them, checking her vital signs and the IV. "It's normal to feel a bit sore after what you went through," the nurse reassured Ava. "Your body is healing, and you need to rest."

Tony and Pepper exchanged glances, their concern still evident. "We'll make sure you get all the rest you need," Pepper said, her voice gentle.

Ava nodded gratefully. "Thank you," she whispered.

As the nurse finished her check-up, she informed Ava that the doctor would be coming to see her soon. "In the meantime, try to rest and take it easy," she advised before leaving the room.

Tony pulled up a chair and sat next to Ava's bed, holding her hand in his.

Ava's eyes met her father's, and she could see the remorse and love in his gaze. "Dad, I know you're trying, and I appreciate that," she said, her voice still weak but filled with sincerity. "But I need to be honest with you. I've felt neglected for so long, and it's going to take time for me to fully trust you again."

Tony nodded, his expression serious. "I understand, Ava. I know I have a lot to make up for, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes."

Ava took a deep breath, gathering her strength to express her feelings. "I need you to show me, Dad, not just with words but with actions. I need to see that you'll be there for me, that you'll prioritize our relationship."

Tony tightened his grip on her hand. "I promise you, Ava, I will be there for you. I'll prioritize our relationship, and I won't let anything come between us again."

Ava's heart softened, and she felt a glimmer of hope. "I want to believe you, Dad," she said, tears welling up in her eyes. "I want us to have a real father-daughter relationship."

Tony's eyes filled with emotion as he looked at his daughter. "We will, Ava. I'll be the father you deserve."

Pepper stood by their side, offering her support. "We're all here for you, Ava," she said, her voice gentle.

Ava's body convulsed with another painful coughing fit, her head throbbing with each motion. The taste of iron filled her mouth, and her hand trembled as she brought it up to her lips, now stained with crimson. She felt a surge of fear as she saw that she was coughing up blood.

"Dad... Pepper..." Ava managed to gasp, her voice strained and desperate.

Tony and Pepper's faces turned pale with concern, rushing to her side. "Ava, what's happening?" Tony asked, his voice filled with worry.