✧ ˚ 37 · thirty-seven .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

The upscale Berlin hotel didn't faze Ava much, given her familiarity with luxury, but for Peter, every aspect seemed to stir his excitement. He enthusiastically pointed out every detail to her, and she simply nodded, wearing a constant grin as his enthusiasm proved contagious.

To ensure Ava's privacy, Happy had arranged a room across the hallway, adjacent to Peter's and Happy's conjoined rooms. Despite this, Peter was eager to offer her a tour of his space.

"Alright, Pete, give me the grand tour!" She chuckled, a playful tone in her voice. Meanwhile, Happy observed them with an unyielding expression.

"Remember, no shenanigans. Got it? Thin walls here," Happy cautioned sternly.

As they entered his room, Peter showed her around with animated gestures, his excitement evident in every word. "So, this is the bed—very comfy, by the way," he said with a playful wink. "And over there's the window with a view of the city, and this is the TV. Oh, and check out the mini-fridge! It's got snacks and drinks. What more could you need?"

Ava's lips curved into a smile, and she took in Peter's infectious enthusiasm. "It's quite the setup, Pete," she said, lowering herself onto the bed and giving it a gentle bounce. "Have you explored the other parts of the room?"

Peter's expression turned a bit sheepish as he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah, I sort of got caught up in the excitement of the bed and the snacks. Didn't realize there was more to it at first."

Ava couldn't help but giggle at his admission. "You really are adorable, you know that?"

A slight blush dusted Peter's cheeks, but he grinned. "Thanks, Ava. It's not every day I get to give a tour of a fancy hotel room."

Taking a seat next to her, Peter welcomed the comfort of her presence as she nestled her head on his shoulder.

"I'm thinking of taking a shower myself," she mentioned, lifting her head and giving him a soft smile. "You might want to consider one too, P." With a gentle gesture, she reached up and cleared away some traces of dried blood from his forehead.

Peter nodded, his cheeks turning slightly pink at her touch. "Yeah, you're right. A shower sounds good." He returned her smile, his gaze warm as he looked at her.

Ava gave his forehead one last reassuring pat before standing up. "Great. I'll meet you back here in a bit?" She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, her exhaustion from earlier still evident in her movements.

"Definitely," Peter replied, standing up as well.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

Once she had finished her shower, Ava experienced a sense of refreshment. The day had turned into night, and the darkness had settled in. She gently turned the doorknob, opening her door with care. A glance inside Happy's room revealed the "do-not-disturb" tag hanging on the doorknob, confirming that he was likely asleep. With a smile, she tiptoed over to Peter's room, giving a soft knock and hearing his voice from within.

She heard his footsteps approaching the door, and it swung open with a boyish grin adorning his face. "Hey Ave. How was your shower?" he inquired, making way for her to step inside.

Swiftly, she noticed his phone propped up on the windowsill, its front camera pointed their way. "It was good. What are you filming?" she questioned, her gaze shifting to Peter, who shut the door behind them. His damp hair fell over his forehead, and he was dressed in a grey shirt adorned with a NASA logo and black plaid pyjama pants.