✧ ˚ 32 · thirty-two .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Ava's anger simmered beneath the surface as she worked tirelessly through the night, restoring her room to its usual order and grappling with her powers. Tony's absence and his decision to monitor her through FRIDAY had only deepened her frustration. She hadn't heard from him, and it seemed he had no intention of seeking resolution.

As the new day dawned, Ava's resolve solidified. She retrieved her suit from Wanda's room, her fingers lingering on the fabric. With a heavy sigh, she left her room and discreetly made her way out of the compound. The city was waking up as she hailed a bus, her destination clear in her mind.

Pepper's apartment provided a sanctuary of sorts, a respite from the tensions that had escalated between her and her father. Ava had always felt a sense of comfort around Pepper, and she hoped that discussing her predicament with her would offer some clarity.

Once inside the luxurious apartment, Ava took a deep breath, her emotions still swirling within her. She needed guidance, advice, and perhaps a fresh perspective on the complex relationship she had with Tony. 

Pepper entered the room, her expression a mix of concern and curiosity. "Ava, honey, it's been a while. What brings you here?" she asked, her voice warm and welcoming.

Ava offered a small smile, a mixture of gratitude and vulnerability in her eyes. "I needed someone to talk to, someone who might understand," she admitted, her voice tinged with a touch of hesitation.

Pepper gestured for her to sit, her gaze gentle and encouraging. "Of course, you know you can always come to me. What's been bothering you?"

Ava took a deep breath, her fingers tracing patterns on her lap. "It's my dad," she began, her voice carrying the weight of unresolved emotions. "We had this big argument, and he found out that I have powers."

Pepper looked confused, "Powers?"

Ava's shoulders tensed, and she recounted the confrontation with Tony, the anger and hurt that had spilled over between them. "He's angry, disappointed. He feels like I've been keeping secrets and risking my life without telling him."

Pepper leaned back, her expression thoughtful. "Tony's always had a complicated relationship with trust and secrets," she mused. "But Ava, have you considered his perspective? He's your father, and he worries about you."

Ava nodded, her gaze fixed on her hands. "I know he cares about me, but I needed to do something, to make a difference. And I knew he wouldn't understand."

Pepper's voice was gentle but firm. "Communication is key, Ava. You both need to talk, to really listen to each other. It might not be easy, but it's necessary."

Ava sighed, her fingers curling into fists. "I just don't know how to bridge this gap between us. It feels like we're on opposite sides."

Pepper's hand extended, finding its place reassuringly on Ava's arm. "Take your time. Relationships are intricate, especially in times of heightened emotions. But remember, he's your father. He cares for you deeply. You have the opportunity to mend that trust." Her arms encircled Ava in a comforting hug.

"And he discovered that I snuck a boy into the compound." Ava divulged, to which Pepper responded with a knowing chuckle.

"Peter, I presume?" Pepper inquired, a knowing glint in her eyes.

Ava's cheeks flushed, and she nodded sheepishly. "Yeah, it was. We were just... spending time together."

Pepper's gaze was kind as she held Ava at arm's length, her expression both maternal and understanding. "Well, young love can be complicated, especially when parents are involved. Tony might be upset now, but he'll come around."