✧ ˚ 7· seven .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Ava's love for science was like no other. Chemistry, physics, and biology had her heart, and she was a natural talent in all three subjects. Science was undeniably her favourite, and she embraced it with a passion that lit up her eyes.

After stubbing out the butt of her second cigarette, Ava headed to the science lab. Sarah wasn't with her as she was in a different level of the class, so Ava made her way to the lab alone.

As she entered the lab, a sense of calm washed over her. The familiar smell of chemicals and the soft hum of machines felt like home. She exchanged a warm smile with her teacher, Ms. Sinclair, before taking her seat at the lab bench.

The experiment for the day was about the properties of acids and bases, and Ava couldn't wait to dive in. She donned her safety goggles with a grin and began mixing various chemicals, watching intently as colours changed and substances transformed. It was like magic, and she savoured every moment of it.

Ms. Sinclair made her rounds, checking on the students' progress. When she reached Ava's bench, her eyes sparkled with interest as she observed Ava's experiment. "Impressive, Ava. You've got a real talent for this."

Ava blushed, but a wave of pride surged through her. "Thanks, Ms. Sinclair."

The class continued, and Ava relished the opportunity to explore the science lab. It was her sanctuary, a place where she could escape and immerse herself in her passion, momentarily forgetting the outside world.

As the class concluded, Ms. Sinclair had exciting news to share. "Class, I have some incredible news," she beamed. "Next week, we're heading to Catalyst Laboratory—a cutting-edge science lab where scientists work with chemicals and conduct ground-breaking research."

The room buzzed with excitement. A field trip was a rare treat, and Ava's heart raced with anticipation. Catalyst Laboratory was a dream come true, and she couldn't believe she'd have the chance to witness real scientists at work.

As soon as class was out, Ava spotted Sarah in the hallway and dashed towards her, practically bouncing with excitement. "Sarah! You won't believe it! We scored a field trip to Catalyst Laboratory!" she blurted out, unable to contain her enthusiasm.

Sarah's eyes lit up in surprise. "Seriously? That's incredible! I'm so happy for you, Ava. You're going to have a blast."

Ava's excitement was contagious, and Sarah couldn't help but share in her friend's joy. "I wish I could join you, though," Sarah admitted with a hint of disappointment.

Ava pulled a playful pout. "I know, right? It would have been so much fun if we were both there."

They continued chatting and laughing as they made their way to the food hall for lunch, however, outside the food hall, James leaned against the wall, casually rolling a cigarette between his fingers. He glanced up and saw Ava and Sarah approaching him.

With a smug smirk, he couldn't resist the chance to tease them. "Well, well, look who's here. The two future scientists going on the Catalyst Lab trip," he said, relishing the fact that Sarah was in a lower class than him.

Ava responded with an eye-roll, unamused by James's taunting. "Oh, joy, you too?" she retorted, hoping he wouldn't ruin her excitement for the upcoming trip.

As James chuckled, he finished rolling his cigarette. "Yep, my class is also in on the fun," he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Guess we'll be lab partners, Ava," he added, playfully winking at her.

Ava scowled, not liking the implication one bit. She knew James could be trouble, and she was determined not to let him spoil her experience at the lab.