✧ ˚ 10· ten .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

The rhythmic beeping of the monitor seemed to echo through the room, a constant reminder of the hospital setting. Ava had finally stabilized enough, and she convinced her father and Pepper to get some rest at a nearby hotel instead of staying cramped in her hospital room. Now, she was left alone, surrounded by the sterile walls and the dim glow of the monitors.

Ava let out a frustrated groan, trying to find a comfortable position in the hospital bed. The blankets felt scratchy against her skin, and she pulled them up over her head, seeking some solace from the glaring overhead lights. Despite her exhaustion, sleep seemed elusive in this unfamiliar environment.

The minutes ticked by, and Ava's mind drifted to thoughts of her dorm room, where everything was familiar and comfortable. She longed for her own bed, the cozy corner where she would sit with her friends, and the sound of laughter and chatter that filled the air. But for now, she was stuck in the hospital, surrounded by the constant reminders of her illness.

As she lay there, her eyes began to drift shut, and the beeping of the monitor seemed to fade into the background. Slowly, exhaustion overtook her, and she drifted into a fitful sleep, hoping for a peaceful night ahead.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚

When Tony and Pepper arrived bright and early the next morning, the hospital room was dimly lit, and Ava was still fast asleep, her face peaceful in slumber. They decided not to disturb her and quietly sat outside in two visitor chairs, their presence a comforting support for each other.

Tony's expression showed a mixture of concern and determination. Pepper recognized that look, knowing that he was contemplating something important. "What's on your mind?" she asked gently, giving him space to share his thoughts.

Tony took a deep breath before responding, "The whole reason we sent Ava away was to keep her safe, but she's not safe there anymore. She got hurt, and I can't bear to see her going through this. I think she should come home with us, where we can take care of her properly."

Pepper considered his words carefully, understanding his concern. "I don't know if she's going to take that well, Tony. That school has become her home now, not with us," she explained. "We need to talk to her about this delicately, and let her make the decision herself."

Tony nodded, his mind still conflicted. "She is my daughter. Her mother left her with me, and I can't let her go through this alone," he said, his voice filled with a mix of love and protectiveness.

Pepper placed a comforting hand on Tony's shoulder. "We'll talk to her when she wakes up, and we'll do it gently," she reassured. "Let's give her some time to rest and then we can approach the topic with care."

The morning sunlight filled the corridor, bringing a sense of warmth to the otherwise sterile environment. Tony and Pepper made their way to the hospital cafeteria, trying to put their thoughts about Ava's situation aside for a moment.

Over breakfast, they discussed plans for the day, knowing that they needed to handle Ava's situation delicately and make sure she felt supported. They shared memories of happier times with her, reminiscing about family trips and fun moments together, hoping to bring a smile to their own faces and Ava's.

After breakfast, they returned to Ava's room, finding her just starting to stir awake. "Good morning, sleepyhead," Pepper greeted with a warm smile.

Ava smiled back, feeling grateful to see both of them there. "Morning," she replied softly, still feeling a bit groggy from her nap.