✧ ˚ 34 · thirty-four .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

The day after, Ava endured her classes with an added sense of tedium, her recent involvement with the Winter Soldier incident only amplifying her restlessness. During their chemistry class, fate paired Ava and Peter around a Bunsen burner for an experiment, a stroke of luck. Meanwhile, Ned found himself partnering with another classmate at a neighbouring table.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay, Ave? Two broken ribs?" Peter whispered with concern, his eyes reflecting worry for his girlfriend.

Ava responded with a reassuring smile, her voice hushed, "I'm healing up. The pain's fading."

"But seriously, Ave, the danger you put yourself in," Peter sighed.

Ava's smile transformed into a mischievous grin, her voice adopting a teasing tone. "Oh, come on, Pete! The rush I got from it was incredible. Way better than any drug."

Raising an eyebrow, Peter responded with a playful tone, "I won't even ask what kind of experiences you've had."

Ava casually shrugged, picking up the tongs for the experiment. "Boarding school memories, Pete. You know the deal," she said, accompanied by a sly smirk.

Peter chuckled, shaking his head. "Yeah, I remember those stories. But seriously, Ava, promise me you'll keep things under control."

Ava's demeanour turned more earnest as she met Peter's gaze. "I promise, I won't go overboard. I'll be cautious."

As they worked on the experiment, their interactions were filled with a sense of familiarity and camaraderie. Ava's glances at Peter carried unspoken appreciation, while Ned, stationed nearby, leaned over and whispered, "You guys are seriously adorable."

Peter rolled his eyes with a grin on his face. "Thanks, Ned. Just focus on your experiment."

Continuing their conversation, Ava and Peter delved into various topics, including their confidence in acing the algebra exam from the previous period. They shared their strategies for tackling the challenging questions and exchanged subtle high-fives.

As the bell signalling the end of the class approached, Ava leaned in a little closer to Peter. "So, what's the plan for tonight?"

Peter's face broke into a delighted grin, his enthusiasm contagious. "Movie night at Ned's! He's got a whole line-up of classic sci-fi films ready to go."

Ava's smile widened, the idea clearly appealing to her. "Sounds awesome. Wish I could join," she said, a touch of disappointment evident. "Dad's got me under lock-and-key," she added with a mockingly exasperated groan.

Peter's chuckle held a touch of sympathy as he grasped the situation. "Well, we'll miss having you there. But we'll make sure to save some popcorn for you."

Ned, joining the duo, chimed in with enthusiasm. "And we're reserving Jurassic Park just for you."

Ava's smile brightened as she appreciated their thoughtfulness. "Thanks, guys. You're too sweet," she said, the warmth of gratitude in her words. As Ned excused himself to retrieve his things from his locker, Ava knew the time had come to bid Peter farewell for now.

"I guess I'll catch you later," she leaned in slightly, her words a soft murmur in his ear, "Spider-Man." A soft chuckle danced in her eyes as she pulled back, the playful glint evident.

A gentle blush dusted Peter's cheeks in response to Ava's whimsical comment. "Who knows where I might pop up next," he playfully responded.

Ava leaned in once more, leaving a brief but meaningful kiss before parting ways for the moment.