✧ ˚ 25 · twenty-five .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Ava's first week at Midtown High had been a whirlwind of new faces, new routines, and adapting to the demands of her classes. As the weeks passed, the school routine became a familiar rhythm, and she found herself settling into a routine that balanced her student life with her responsibilities as Aurum.

A month later, Ava had managed to establish a circle of friends at school, including her growing friendship with Peter. Their interactions had become more frequent, filled with shared laughter, inside jokes, and the kind of companionship that eased the challenges of teenage life. Although Ava's connection with Peter was growing stronger, neither of them had revealed their secret identities as superheroes, keeping their superhero lives hidden from each other.

Ava's time-management skills improved as she learned to juggle her classes, homework, and extracurricular activities alongside her patrols and missions as Aurum. Her determination and dedication were evident in the way she strived to excel both academically and as a superhero. Yet, beneath the surface, the strain of maintaining this double life was starting to take its toll.

The weight of her responsibilities began to wear on Ava, and the delicate balance she had managed to maintain between her two worlds was becoming more challenging. There were nights when exhaustion settled deep into her bones, and the lines between being a student and a superhero blurred.

Ava sat at her desk, a sense of accomplishment washing over her as she finally completed her algebra homework due the following morning. She glanced at her watch, realizing that she still had a few hours left until sundown, her other life as Aurum beckoning her with the setting sun.

Just as she was about to relax and enjoy a moment of respite, her phone buzzed insistently from beside her. Glancing at the screen, she saw her dad's name flashing. Curious, she answered the call. "Hey, Dad."

"Hey, sweetie," Tony Stark's voice came through the line, warm and tinged with a touch of weariness. "I know you've been busy with school and everything, but I was hoping we could grab dinner tonight. It's been a while since we spent some quality time together."

Ava's heart swelled with a mix of emotions. Her relationship with her dad had been a rollercoaster, with the ups and downs of her dual life adding to the complexity. She managed a smile, despite the turmoil of emotions within her. "Of course, Dad. I'd love to have dinner with you."

"Great! How about we meet at that Italian place you like? Around 7 PM?" he suggested.

Ava's smile grew more genuine. "Sounds perfect."

"Looking forward to it, sweetie. See you there," Tony's tone held a touch of optimism.

Ava ended the call, placing her phone back on her desk. With the sun not setting until around 8 PM, she knew she had a little over an hour to transition from dinner with her dad to her responsibilities as Aurum. The tightrope walk of maintaining both aspects of her life was a constant challenge, and tonight would be no different. 

She rose from her seat, her footsteps carrying her to the closet where her clothes were neatly organized. Just as she was about to select an outfit for dinner with her dad, the familiar chime of her phone interrupted the quiet of her room. Ava retrieved her phone and saw an incoming call from Peter, her heart quickening with a mixture of excitement and curiosity. With a tap of her finger, she answered the call, her voice a blend of warmth and anticipation. "Hey, Peter."

"Hey, Ava!" Peter's voice carried a cheerful tone, the sound instantly putting a smile on her face. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything important."

Ava shook her head, even though Peter couldn't see her. "Not at all. I was just about to pick something to wear for dinner with my dad." Her voice carried a warm tone, a blend of familiarity and comfort in their conversation.