✧ ˚ 39 · thirty-nine .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Standing together on the train, Ava opted for her sunglasses once more, a subtle attempt to shield her face, although her distinct features were still recognizable upon closer inspection. Beside her, she observed Peter's actions as he typed out another message to Happy, a faint frown gracing her lips as she observed him scrolling through a string of unread messages.

"He knows, Pete. He usually picks me up, you know?" She reassured him, a gentle smile curving her lips as she referred to the text he had just sent about his school schedule.

Looking up from his phone, Peter returned her smile with a sheepish one of his own. "Yeah, I guess. I just don't want him to forget about me."

Ava couldn't help but giggle at his earnestness. "How could anyone forget about you?" Her affection for him shone through in her smile and words.

As the train swayed gently along its tracks, Ava's playful gaze remained fixed on Peter, a soft warmth in her eyes. The surroundings blurred outside the window, a quiet backdrop to their conversation.

Peter's cheeks tinged with a hint of pink at her words, his bashfulness endearing. "I don't know, I just... worry sometimes, you know?"

Ava's hand found its way to his, her touch reassuring and steady. "I get it, Pete. But you're a hard person to forget." Her voice held a soothing tone, as if she was trying to ease any doubts that lingered in his mind.

He offered her a grateful smile, his fingers gently intertwining with hers. "And you're the one who makes sure I remember that."

Ava's lips curled into a soft grin. "Hey, we're a team, right? I've got your back, Peter Parker."

As the train neared their station, they smoothly disembarked the carriage, conveniently close to the school's rear entrance. Walking together, fingers entwined, they descended the platform's steps and navigated through the gates, passing across the football field. Ava's presence drew greetings from fellow students, her popularity evident. Murmurs and surprised glances accompanied their intertwined hands, as their relationship hadn't yet been openly shared.

She slid her sunglasses off her face, situating them atop her head once more, and cast a warm smile toward Peter at her side. As they completed their trek across the field, the steps leading up to the road awaited them. Recognizing her heeled boots, Peter offered his arm in a gentlemanly gesture, assisting her ascent. "How chivalrous," Ava chuckled appreciatively.

As they reached the road's edge, their pace quickened in synchronization, a well-practiced routine between them. Just then, Flash, who seemed to hold the title of Peter's foremost detractor and Ava's most ardent admirer, zoomed past them in his vehicle. It was as if he was aiming to clip Peter as he drove by.

"What's up, Penis Parker?" he yelled, his taunting tone carrying as he slowed down to shout at Peter. However, his attention quickly shifted to Ava. "Looking good, Stark," he flirted, earning an eye roll from her.

Ava glanced at Peter, noticing him stop in his tracks, suppressing a sigh before walking up the steps to the school entrance. As she joined him, she leaned in and whispered, "Don't let him get under your skin, Peter. He's just looking for a reaction."

Peter nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, you're right. It's just hard to ignore sometimes."

Ava gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. "I know. Just remember he's not the one with the Stark Internship- that's all you."

Navigating the bustling hallways, Peter and Ava moved with a familiar rhythm. The distant chatter of a school news report caught their attention, with Betty Brant and Jason Ionello discussing homecoming tickets and dates.