✧ ˚ 38 · thirty-eight .

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

The journey back home was marked by a quiet atmosphere, Tony appearing lost in contemplation. During the ride, Ava finally took the opportunity to check her phone, which her father had handed to her after she had left it behind in the compound prior to her departure with Clint and Wanda.

Her phone buzzed with messages from Liz, Ned, and Michelle, all inquiring about her whereabouts. Aware that her father had fabricated an excuse with the school, claiming that Peter was accepted into an internship, Ava followed suit and informed her friends that she had joined him.

Upon reaching the compound, Ava swiftly stepped out of the car, beginning to head back to her room. However, Tony's voice promptly arrested her progress. "Hold on, young lady. Where do you think you're heading?"

Ava froze in her tracks as her father's voice cut through the air. She turned to face him, her expression a mix of surprise and anticipation. "I was just going to my room, Dad," she replied.

Tony crossed his arms, leaning against the car and regarding her with a knowing look. "You know, Ava, I've been giving some thought to our little adventure in Germany."

Ava's heart raced slightly, her mind racing to catch up with his words. She nodded cautiously, her eyes never leaving his gaze. "Yeah, Dad?"

He arched an eyebrow, a hint of amusement dancing in his eyes. "I think it's time we had a proper chat about your actions and their consequences."

Ava felt a mixture of nervousness and anticipation welling up inside her. "I'm ready to talk," she admitted, her voice steady.

Tony pushed away from the car, gesturing for her to join him. "Good. Let's take a walk."

Ava fell into step beside him as they began to stroll through the compound. "I get it, you know," Tony began, breaking the silence. "I understand why you wanted to help in the fight."

Ava glanced at him, surprised by his understanding. "You do?"

He nodded, his expression serious. "You've got a strong sense of responsibility, just like me. You see a problem, and you want to do something about it. It's a Stark thing."

Ava's lips curled into a small smile, "I didn't want to just stand on the sidelines, watching. I wanted to make a difference."

Tony's gaze softened as he looked at his daughter. "I get it, Ava. But you also need to remember that actions have consequences. Your safety is a priority for me."

Ava nodded, her smile fading slightly. "I know, Dad."

"I never wanted this life for you, Ava. But I suppose there's no convincing you otherwise," Tony exhaled wearily, his glasses removed and his hand massaging his forehead.

"Way past that point, Dad," she chuckled, playfully raising her hand and sending a gentle ball of energy towards his shoulder, akin to a light tap.

Tony gave her a sidelong glance, a mixture of exasperation and amusement in his eyes. "Using your powers for mischief now, huh?"

Ava shrugged with a mischievous grin. "Hey, you said I'm a formidable fighter. Gotta keep you on your toes, right?"

Tony shook his head, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "You're something else, kiddo."

Ava's smile softened, and she approached her father, wrapping her arms around him in a hug. "Love you, Dad."

Tony returned the hug, his hold tight and protective. "Love you too, Ava. Just... be careful out there."