𝟎𝟎𝟗: 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠

Richard had to go to Prague for business reasons. It was a given that he would bring Elsie back a snow globe from his visit to add to Elsie's collection.

"Your grandfather called last night and told me to let you know he's bringing you back something very special from Prague," Emily told Rory.

"Wow, Prague," Rory replied. "How amazing is it that he's going to Prague?"

Elsie was used to the travels. "It's not that amazing. He went to Switzerland last year."

"Prague is supposed to be lovely," Emly told her. "Very dramatic castles everywhere."

Rory asked, "Did you know the cell that Václav Havel was held in is now a hostel? You can stay there for like $50 a night." She turned to Lorelai who was picking at her food, "Hey, maybe on our big trip to Europe we could go to Prague and stay in his cell."

Lorelai replied, "Absolutely. And then we can go to Turkey and stay in that place from Midnight Express."

Emily noticed what Lorelai was doing, "Lorelai, what are you doing?"
"Getting rid of the avocado," Lorelai explained.

Emiy asked, "Since when do you not like avocado?"

"Since the day I said, 'Gross. What is this?' and you said 'Avocado'," Lorelai replied.

Emily focused on the two teens, "I'm focusing on you both now. Tell me about the Chilton formal next week."

Elsie had asked Cassian to the dance and he agreed. She managed to get Anthony to ask Vivian and he did and she agreed. Skye and Pepper weren't going because Pepper didn't have anyone to ask and turned down guys who asked her.

Skye's crush, Lindsay, wasn't like 'that' and turned her down, so Skye didn't want to go.

Lorelai asked, "There's a formal?"

"How do you know about the formal?" asked Rory.

Lorelai repeated for Rory, "Yeah, how do you know about the formal?"

"I go to Chilton and live here," Elsie replied, because apparently they forget she lived there and went to Chilton. "Of course I told her about it."

"And I read my Chilton newsletter," Emily added.

"Oh," Lorelai replied.

"As a major contributor to Elsie's and Rory's education, I figure I had the right to ask for a newsletter to be sent to my house," Emily replied. "I had read every issue since Elsie started Chilton. They get sent to my house." She went to get her copy.

Lorelai asked, "Are you serious?"

"I live here," Elsie replied.

"And it's a good thing too, since you don't bother to read yours. One of us should be up to date on the goings-on at the girls' school," Emily said.

"Hey, Mom, I read my newsletter," Lorelai defended, crossing her arms.

"Apparently not, since you didn't know that there was a formal," Elsie replied.

"I totally read it," Lorelai replied. "It just slipped my mind, that's all."

Emily asked, "What was the picture on the cover?" She kept the cover to her chest.

"It was a picture of a really rich kid in plaid," Lorelai said sounding uncertain.

Emily showed Lorelai the cover, "It was a spotted owl."

"In plaid," Lorelai said.

"The owls are endangered and Chilton is taking donations to help them," Emily told her. "Elsie and Rory gave a very nice one, in case you're interested."