𝟎𝟎𝟑: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

At some point during the week, Rory handed Elsie the English binder back because she got done copying her notes.

"We're supposed to pick a sport to play," Rory replied. "What sport do you have, again?"

"I play field hockey," Elsie replied. "Skye does lacrosse and Pepper does track."

"Oh," Rory replied, walking away from her without even saying thank you.

Pepper scoffed, "How rude."

"She's not invited to my party on Saturday or on the 28th of October," Skye replied, offended. Since Halloween was a school night, Skye was hosting a Halloween party on the twenty-eighth.

Elsie was going to the Halloween as Elvira. She said, "I still need to get a dress."

"We can look for one on Friday after school," Pepper told her.

Elsie nodded, "Yeah."

After school, Elsie, Pepper, Vivian, and Skye went to a mall to look around

After school, Elsie, Pepper, Vivian, and Skye went to a mall to look around. Anthony and Cassian took off for their own 'guy time'.

Elsie looked at some dresses, trying to find one that matched Elvira's dress.

"I'm going as Freddy Krueger," Pepper said. "I need to find an ugly-ass Where's Waldo sweater."

Skye laughed, "I was calling it a Christmas sweater."

Vivian giggled and went to help Elsie find a dress. She picked up a too revealing black dress and held it out to Elsie. "Here. Cass's brain will fall out of his skull if he sees you wearing this."

Elsie was confused, "Why would it?" She put the dress back.

"Because he's disgustingly in love with you," Skye said, coming up to them.

"No he isn't," Elsie denied.

Vivian rolled her eyes, "Of course he is. It's pretty obvious. You like him and he likes you."

Elsie felt her face heat up.

Her and her friends would tease each other over their crushes. It was just how they were.

They would tease Skye over the girls she had a crush on, even teasing Vivian over the fact that she had a crush on Anthony. Pepper wasn't interested in anyone.

"Not with the way you two look at each other," Vivian told her.

"I know," Skye said. "It's like 'why don't you two just screw and get it over with' already?" She took a black dress down.

"We won't because he doesn't like me," Elsie replied.

Vivian, Skye, and Pepper looked at each other.

"Stop being in denial," Skye said. "It just makes it more obvious."

"He doesn't. I don't want to ruin our friendship if I tell him I like him," Elsie responded.

Vivian asked, "What if there's a chance he likes you back?"