𝟎𝟏𝟕: 𝐄𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐁𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐞

At the end of the week, they had another Friday Night Dinner, but it was just Lorelai, Rory, and Elsie.

Elsie would've said that the school week was painful, but she had found that it was getting a bit easier to deal with heartache. However, that may have been the wine that she drinks before going to school because the wine helped numb the heartache in a way. 

"Grandma, can I have some baby pictures of you and Grandpa?" Rory asked.

Emily asked, "Any particular reason?"

"Yeah, we're doing this visual family history project for school," Rory asked.

"Oh," replied Emily. "Well, if it's for school, I suppose I could dig something up."

"And I need some of Mom too," Rory stated.

"I thought we already had this conversation," Lorelai told her.

"Yeah, but I don't believe you," Rory replied.

To Emily, Lorelai said, "Mother, tell her."

"I don't have any baby pictures of your mother," Emily told Rory.

"Thank you," Lorelai replied.

Rory asked Emily, "How do you not have any baby pictures of Mom?"

Emily explained, "Because when your mother was seven, I came downstairs and found her burning all of her baby pictures."

Rory looked at Lorelai, "Why would you do that? I'm sure you were a cute baby."

"She was," Emily said. "She was very cute."

Lorelai counted down, "Four, three, two, one."

Emily continued, "In most respects."

"Then we have lift off," Lorelai said.

Elsie was confused, "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing," Lorelai told her.

"I don't see what the problem is," Emily responded. "You certainly grew into it."

Rory asked, "Grown into what?"

"As a child, your mother had an unusually large head," Emily explained.

Elsie looked at Lorelai, wondering if that was true, or if Emily was just being rude. She arched an eyebrow, "Really?"

"The best thing about it was that she would tell me constantly," Lorelai said. "My first complete sentence was 'Big Head want dolly'."

Elsie found it hard to believe that someone could be that cruel to their own child.

"I can't imagine it being that bad," Rory stated.

"It wasn't," replied Emily. "It just affected her balance a little, so..."

Lorelai said, "Okay, can we please talk about something besides my formerly huge head?"

"I think there's one baby picture of Mother," Elsie said to Rory.

"No there isn't," Lorelai said quickly.

"She has one picture in her photo album," Elsie continued.

"No there isn't," Lorelai said quickly.

Elsie smirked as she continued, "We had gotten snowed in that one day and you brought down Mother's photo album."

Rory looked like she was thinking about it, "Oh, yeah, right. Thanks for reminding me." Rory looked down at the chairs, "Are these new chairs, Grandma and Elsie?"

Left Behind | Gilmore GirlsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara