𝟎𝟏𝟏: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞

The rest of the holiday passed without much incident. She and her grandparents did their usual ritual of watching Christmas movies while drinking hot chocolate and eating gingerbread men, before eating dinner and opening presents. Skye hosted a News Years' even party and Elsie did get her New Years' Day midnight kiss from Cassian. Skye and Pepper kissed because they didn't have anyone to kiss.

While everyone else was celebrating, Elsie decided to take Cassian up to a guest bedroom for some New Year Fun of their own.

Everything was going fine, Cassian was saying, "Tell me to stop and I will stop" to her. Elsie pulled him down so they could continue making out and go a lot further.

New Years' Eve was a lot of fun to say the least.

Mr. Medina was reciting a poem as he looked out the window, "There's a certain Slant of Light – Winter Afternoons that oppresses, like the Heft of Cathedral Tunes. That, my friends, is the first verse of a poem by Emily Dickenson. Now read some of those tonight, and as you do, consider the fact that Emily Dickinson writes convincingly about passion and about the world in spite of the fact that she lived as a virtual recluse."

Elsie raised her hands, "Actually, when she was thirty, she became reclusive. When she was twenty-three that's when she started withdrawing from society."

"Her loved ones were dying, so I wouldn't be surprised if she became depressed because of that," Cassian added.

"That is correct," Mr. Medina stated.

The bell rang and they got up to leave.

"I could listen to him talk about passion all day," Madeline said. "Do you think he's dating anyone?"

"Of course he is," Louise replied.

Madeline asked, "A teacher?"

"Please," Louise stated.

"Why not?" asked Madeline.

Louise asked, "Have you see teachers?"

"He's a teacher," Madeline replied.

"Male teachers are different," Louise explained. "They can still be mysterious?"

"I bet his girlfriend's pretty," Madeline said.

"I bet she's dumb," Louise said.

Madeline asked, "Why?"

"Dumb girls crave smart men. It's that whole Marilyn Monroe – Arthur Miller syndrome," Louise stated.

"Marilyn Monroe was actually smart," Elsie said. "She had to navigate 1950s Hollywood and she was forced to play a role she didn't want. Show her some respect."

"Well, whoever he's dating is lucky," Madeline stated.

"Whoever he's dating is a loser, who doesn't care that he's a teacher in this ridiculous school making a ridiculous teacher's salary," Paris stated. She snapped at Rory, "What are you looking at?" She walked off.