𝟎𝟏𝟗: 𝐃𝐲𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Emily was mad about the whole Lorelai was engaged without telling her, Richard, and Elsie, and only found out about it when someone else called.

However, Richard was going on a flight and so Emily was in a rush to get Richard on his way.

Elsie was lounging on the couch, reading, while Emily fretted over things.

The doorbell rang and Emily went to answer the door.

"We're going to have quickly," Emily explained. "Your father has a very early flight tomorrow morning."

Elsie understood the rush Richard had to be in with his early flight, but there was no reason to rush Elsie, Rory, and Lorelai, but Elsie had to shrug it off. She got up and went to the dining room while Emily spoke to Lorelai and Rory, leading them to the dining room. Elsie took her seat while the maid set out plates.

Emily spoke to the maid, "Bring the bread out too. And pour the wine, please." She spoke to Lorelai and Rory, who were coming in. "Come on, hurry up."

"Yeah, 'cause we don't want our salad to get cold," Lorelai said to Rory.

Emily called out, "Richard, dinner!"

"Mom," Lorelai started.

"Eat eat," Emily told Lorelai and Rory.

Rory and Lorelai sat down.

Lorelai asked Emily, "Shouldn't we wait for Dad?"

"Don't worry about him," Emily replied.

"He's the one with the early plane," Lorelai said. "We don't have to go anywhere tomorrow."

Elsie hated that she was thinking the same thing as Lorelai.

Lorelai continued, "We can stay all night. Have a party, do some Jell-O shots, play Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board."

Elsie's mind went straight to The Craft when Lorelai said that. Elsie decided to rewatch that movie.

Emily started eating her salad.

Lorelai said, "Okay, pass the bread."

Rory took the bread basket, "Grandma, Elsie, would either of you like some—"

"Yes, please," Emily said.

Richard came in, "You started." He seemed sad.

"I haven't yet," Elsie told him. "I was waiting for you."

"You have a six o'clock flight," Emily told Richard.

Richard seemed confused, "Six o'clock? Are you sure?"

"What do you mean am I sure?" Emily said, "Of course I'm sure. I double-checked it three times with your secretary because I know she's an idiot and all three time she told me six o'clock. I wrote it down, I have your ticket right out on the..." She paused. "You're teasing me."

Richard replied, "Very possible."

"I don't find that amusing, Richard," Emily replied.

"Exactly the point of teasing, Emily," Richard said. He looked at Elsie and smiled widely, "Hello, Elsie."

"Hi," Elsie replied.

Richard looked at his daughter, "Hello, Lorelai."

"Hello, Father," Lorelai replied.

Richard seemed ashamed and slightly nervous, "Rory."

Rory looked back, "Grandpa."

Richard asked, "May I speak with you for a moment, please?"