𝟎𝟏𝟖: 𝐓𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬

𝙸 𝚒𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞,
𝙰𝚜 𝙸 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚢 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜,
𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢.
𝙸 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞,
𝚆𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍,
𝚆𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚕𝚒𝚙 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢.
𝚂𝚕𝚒𝚙𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚝 – 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝙱𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍

There was field hockey practice, because they needed to condition for the fall season

Sure, there was summer school, but that was optional and Elsie really didn't want the extra stress added onto her. It would be a good distraction, considering how Elsie felt out of place within her friend-group despite them trying to act like the whole month hadn't happened.

Cassian had become clingier, always being next to Elsie, or having one arm around her shoulders, or having her cuddled up to him when they watched movies together, always one arm around her.

She knew that he was worried that she would end up 'disappearing' again, so he was just being a little over-affectionate and a little clingy to make up for lost time.

Elsie had decided that she and Cassian should take things slow, more for Elsie's benefit because she didn't trust herself. Cassian had looked a little pained and had agreed to take it slow.

So, field hockey was a nice distraction, except for the ugly uniform that they had to wear; blue plaid athletic skirts that looked like the uniform skirt, white tee-shirts (at least for practice), white or gray tube socks, and cleats.

It felt like a bit of normalcy for her considering the month that she had been through.

So, she went through the motions of conditioning before heading home.

When she got home from conditioning, her grandparents were happy. She knew that the class ranks were supposed to come in today.

She must still be in the top three percent considering how she had fallen behind a little.

She looked at them, "I'm still in the top three?"

"You actually made it to the top one percent," Emily told her with a very wide smile.

Elsie was in disbelief, "I did what?"

Emily was beaming with pride, "You made it to the one percent."

Elsie still couldn't believe it. She fell behind, but she made it to the very top; well, behind Paris at least.

"Go wash up," Emily told Elsie. "We're making your favorite for dinner to celebrate and Lorelai and Rory will be here."

Elsie nodded and went upstairs to wash up.