𝟎𝟎𝟖: 𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐈𝐧

"How did you like Slipknot?" Elsie asked Cassian, who was sitting on the window seat in Elsie's room.

"I think they're good, but I was confused over 'You can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes'," Cassian replied. "Who the hell is Marlon Brando?"

Elsie was stunned, "Marlon Brando? A Streetcar Named Desire?"

Cassian replied, "Huh?"

"Stella!" Elsie said.

"Huh?" replied Cassian, again confused.

"The Godfather?" She recited, "'You talk about vengeance. Is vengeance going to bring your son back to you? Or my boy back to me?'"

"I've heard of The Godfather, but I never watched it," Cassian told her.

Elsie gaped at him, "How have you not seen The Godfather?"

"It never crossed my mind," Cassian replied with a shrug.

"We're going to watch both movies," Elsie decided.

"Sure," Cassian replied.

"But first you need to read the book," Elsie told him.

Cassian was confused, "There was a book?"

Elsie got on her knees, shoving Cassian's legs out of the way to get to the bookshelf that was in the window seat. He moved further down the window seat, trying hard not to think dirty thoughts, especially not with Elsie right down there, wearing that short of a skirt.

 He moved further down the window seat, trying hard not to think dirty thoughts, especially not with Elsie right down there, wearing that short of a skirt

"I think most people forget that there's a book," Elsie said, looking at the books that she had, not noticing Cassian's situation.

Elsie finally got up with the book. She looked at Cassian, "Are you okay? Are you getting sick?"

"I'm fine," Cassian said in a gruff voice.

Elsie was confused, "Okay?" She handed him the book and he took it.

"Thanks," Cassian replied.

Elsie tried to figure out why he was being so weird.