THREE

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵

At the ripe age of five-and-ten, Vaella's journey into womanhood began. Being a late bloomer, she had eagerly awaited the arrival of her first period, a significant milestone in a young girl's life. Alicent, who had also experienced a similar delay, reassured Vaella that it was perfectly normal and shared her own experience of giving birth to healthy children.

Under Alicent'spatient tutelage, Vaella delved into the world of courtly etiquette, refining her conversational skills, and honing her ability to present herself with grace and poise. The queen emphasized the importance of composure, reminding Vaella that, as a princess, her every action and demeanor would reflect upon the reputation of their esteemed family.

As the years went by, Vaella's transformation into a young woman became increasingly apparent. Her once childlike features began to fade, replaced by delicate and refined contours that enhanced her innate beauty. Her eyes, reflecting the color of Alicent's exquisite dresses, sparkled with intelligence and a touch of mystery. It was as if she carried a piece of the queen's regal essence within her gaze.

Vaella's silver hair cascaded down her shoulders in waves, its ethereal glow adding to her enchanting appearance. Her hair was a visible testament to her lineage, an echo of the dragon blood that flowed through her veins. With each passing day, she grew more confident in her own skin, embracing the woman she was becoming.

But beneath her composed facade, Vaella harbored all her insecurities. She knew she was not fit for this life. She despised the constant scrutiny, the prying stares, and the unending questions. The intricacies of courtly politics and the demands of her station weighed heavily upon her young shoulders, leaving her feeling suffocated and devoid of control over her own life.

All she yearned for was a reunion with her mother, Rhaenyra, her twin brother, Jace, and her younger brothers. The memories of their faces and voices were fading, slowly slipping away from her grasp. Vaella longed for a connection, a glimpse of the woman who had given her life. The absence of communication over the past six years had created a void within her heart, leaving her questioning why was not worthy of her mother's love.

In the depths of the halls, Vaella would often steal moments to herself, gazing at the portraits adorning the walls and imagining what it would be like to be reunited with her family. She yearned for their embrace, their laughter, and their presence.

However, in these daydreams when trying to picture them all she could picture was Alicent's arms around her. Viserys' laughs turned to coughs. Helaena's babies Jaehaerys and Jaehaera rolling around the floor and her trying to chase them. These images troubled Vaella.

Currently, Vaella was in one of these daydreams while staring at her Velaryon family's portrait. It was a new one that just came in. Her mother Rhaenyra was sitting in a chair, with her youngest brother Joffrey on her lap. Behind her with his hand placed on her mother's shoulder was Daemon. To the left of him was her twin and Luke. And on Daemon's right were his daughters.

They all looked so grown and happy. Happy without her.

"You would look out of place if you were to be in the painting," a cold voice echoed from behind her, sending a chill down Vaella's spine. She straightened her posture, her delicate fingers instinctively grasping the pendant that adorned her neck, and replied with an air of composed grace, "I was led to believe you would remain absent for another year, my betrothed."