SIXTEEN

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵

After Aemond had assisted in cleaning up Vaella's vomit, he quickly sought the aid of the castle servants to help her change into fresh attire. Once she was settled in her bed, asleep and oblivious to the events of the evening, Aemond's heart brimmed. A newfound sense of warmth had blossomed within him, ignited by what Vaella thought of him.

With a sense of urgency, Aemond sought out his mother, Alicent. He found her in her private quarters, immersed in a book. Aemond's presence interrupted her thoughts, but her eyes instantly lit up as she looked upon her son's smile.

The words tumbled forth from Aemond's lips in a rush, his excitement palpable. He spoke of the evening he had spent with Vaella, emphasizing on how she found him to be beautiful and not to be a monster. Aemond's voice held a newfound lightness, a stark contrast to the heaviness that had weighed upon him for so long.

Alicent listened intently, her gaze fixed on Aemond's face, absorbing every word with rapt attention. A flicker of pride danced in her eyes, mingling with a profound sense of joy for her son's happiness. She marveled at the transformation she witnessed in him, reminded of the Aemond she had known before the world had etched its scars upon his spirit.

The following morning, Alicent awoke with a renewed sense of purpose. Fueled by Aemond's newfound happiness, she was determined to ensure a joyous future for him and Vaella. Without wasting any time, she sought out Viserys and Otto to discuss their wedding.

Viserys, momentarily forgetting his role in betrothing Aemond and Vaella, was overjoyed at the idea of a wedding. To him, it symbolized the possibility of Rhaenyra, his favorite child or was it his only, returning to their fold. Otto, on the other hand, recognized the political advantage of the union, as it solidified Vaella's allegiance to the Green faction, and he couldn't contain his own excitement. Their motivations aligned, and it was unanimously agreed that the wedding should take place in one month's time.

As the morning unfolded, the news of the upcoming royal wedding spread throughout King's Landing like wildfire. Couriers were dispatched to deliver invitations to noble houses far and wide, while the common folk buzzed with excitement at the prospect of witnessing Vaella again.

However, amidst the whirlwind of preparations and the spreading of news, Vaella remained blissfully unaware. Still immersed in a deep slumber, her body and mind recovering from the haze of the previous night's revelry, she remained oblivious to the plans being made on her behalf. Little did she know that the wheels of fate had been set in motion, and the world around her was eagerly awaiting her awakening.

Helaena knew that both of Aemond's eyes would be blue again, but she also knew that Vaella would have no memory of it. So once Vaella would wake and find news of the wedding happening, she would not be thrilled to see Aemond. Plans swirled in her head trying to come up with an idea where Vaella would not hate him, but honestly what could she do. Vaella did not hate him, she was just still hurt. She knew that their future together would be good, she's had many visions on it, but she wants those visions to happen already.

With a determined spirit, Helaena made her way to Vaella's chamber. She gently pushed open the door, allowing the soft light of the morning sun to filter in. Vaella lay peacefully on the bed, her features relaxed in slumber. Helaena approached her, with hope in her heart. "Goodmorning Vaella!"