FIFTEEN

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵

With the resounding applause of the crowd still echoing in the air, Vaella's heart raced as she watched Aemond dismount his horse and stride towards her, his victorious aura radiating from every pore. The glint of sunlight on his polished armor accentuated his rugged charm, causing her pulse to quicken. A mixture of conflicting emotions swirled within her-pride for his triumph mingled with a strong distaste towards him.

As Aemond removed his helm, revealing his sharp features and sweat-drenched hair, Vaella found herself momentarily captivated by his intensity. Each time she laid eyes on him, it seemed he only grew more irresistible, and seeing his strong jawline, his piercing gaze, and the way his chest heaved with each breath captivated her, igniting a spark of desire she tried to suppress.

Their eyes locked, a silent conversation unfolding between them. Vaella's breath caught in her throat as Aemond closed the distance, his victorious presence both captivating and intimidating. His voice, deep and laced with a hint of longing, sent shivers down her spine. "Vaella," he said, his words a mere whisper against the backdrop of the cheering crowd. "Tell me, did I meet your expectations?"

Aegon's voice cut through the charged atmosphere, his words dripping with amusement. "You two are quite the enigma, aren't you? One moment he hates you, and now you hate him," Aegon said, his tone laced with a touch of mockery. He rose from his seat, as he continued, "Well, I can't say I want to witness this awkward exchange any longer. I think I'll find myself some entertainment at a brothel instead."

Vaella's cheeks flushed with annoyance, her eyes narrowing at her uncle's audacity. Aemond's expression hardened, a flicker of frustration crossing his features. They exchanged a brief glance, silently acknowledging the absurdity of the situation.

Aegon flashed a mischievous grin, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Oh, don't mind me," he added with a playful shrug. "You two carry on with your little drama. I'm off to enjoy myself."

With a dramatic flair, Aegon turned on his heels, ready to saunter away, but Vaella's hand shot out, gripping his arm to halt his departure. "Wait," she said, nervousness slightly lacing her voice. "I'll go with you."

Aegon's eyebrows shot up in surprise, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Well, well, it seems our niece is up for some adventure after all," he remarked, his gaze flickering to Aemond, who watched the exchange with an unmistakable anger on his face.

Vaella's sense of urgency propelled her forward, her grip on Aegon's arm firm as she pulled him along, determined to avoid any further awkwardness. Aegon, caught off guard by her sudden insistence, attempted to walk in a different direction. He really meant it when he said he wanted to go to the brothel.

"I need you to take me back to the Red Keep," she said with a desperate plea.

Aegon's brow furrowed, annoyance evident in his features. "Couldn't you have asked a knight for an escort?" he questioned, his tone laced with exasperation.

"I could have," she admitted, a sheepish smile tugging at her lips, "but I did not want to linger around Aemond."

Aegon's frustration deepened, his voice harsh. "You're going to marry him sometime this year," he reminded her sternly. "Whether you like it or not you'll be forced to talk with him."