PROLOGUE

Author's POV

"Hello." Whatever the caller said on the phone was enough to shake the lady holding the phone.
"Who is it maa? " A young woman around who looked like in her early twenties asked the lady holding the phone.

"Accident, Shourya got into an accident. " The lady on the phone said.
Clang. A sound came from behind them. There stood a pregnant woman with a plate of fruits on her feet, with the fruits now on the floor.
" Prisha. "

"Bhabhi" Both the woman in the room ran towards the pregnant woman. Prisha Agnihotri, wife of Shourya Agnihotri, whose husband has gotten into a accident.
" Mom, which hospital. " She managed to ask the old lady, by now tears were running down her face as well the young woman's.

The lady told them the address and Prisha said, " Let's go. "

"I'll call the driver. " Her sister-in-law, Poorvi replied and ran away. As if she remembered something Prisha turned back to see the servant standing there so she said, " Sunita tai, take care of baba. Don't tell him anything till we are back. "

"Haan. Aram se jana. "
Holding her stomach she made her way out of the house with her mother-in-law.

' Yes, go safely. '

.

~ Hospital, Mumbai.

"Shourya Agnihotri" Poorvi asked at the reception.
" He's still in the emergency room. " Pointing towards the direction the receptionist replied.
"Thank you. "

Making their way towards the emergency room, they saw someone they weren't expecting there. Ashish Shrivastav and his wife Rachna Shrivastav, Prisha's best friend Arohi's parents. They were crying, like it was aroohi who was inside.
" What happened aunty? " Prisha asked, but she turned away from her.

" Uncle why are you guys here. "
He wasn't looking at her, this never happened.
Her own parents were next one's to arrive. But seeing Arohi's parents there, they threw daggers at them. Prisha couldn't understand what was going on.

"Bhabhi you should sit. " Poorvi said to her and even though she didn't want to, she did. She was already in her fifth month of pregnancy, so she was getting tired of standing.
The doctor came out after 20 minutes, the look on his face told anything but good news.

" We are sorry. We couldn't save her. " And arohi's parents started crying. Prisha couldn't make out what was happening. It was shourya who got into an accident, then why was arohi dead.
" Her? "

" The lady who was also in the accident. " No, it can't be. Shourya and arohi never saw eye to eye. They couldn't be in the same space without..... 'No no don't jump to conclusions prisha. ' she told herself.

And as if on cue, another doctor came out, " We are sorry. It was too late. "

.

Prisha's POV

" We are sorry. It was too late. "
I knew who they were talking about. My husband, who was returning home after a month. I was numb, I couldn't feel anything. Maa had already fainted and poorvi was inconsolable. My own parents were crying and I realized that I was too. My tears were coming out too fast. I could feel myself getting dizzy, ' no no no. Prisha calm down. Baby is here. Be strong for him. Okay '. Maybe my baby heard his mother's distress that my stomach started hurting. "Urghh."

"Prisha"

" Bhabhi "

These were the last words I heard before darkness consumed me.