5. ANOTHER SON

Kunal's POV

I've zoned out, I'm totally out of the conversation that's going on. My whole attention is on the woman speaking but I can't seem to understand what she is speaking. I can't even bother myself to understand what she is saying.

All I can do is notice her, the determination, the calm, the passion for her work, and some hesitation too. I guess that's because she's on the receiving end of a judgement but even without knowing what she just spoke about I knew she must be doing her best.

She's a fine piece of work not because she's too beautiful or anything. I mean she is beautiful but that's not what made her different. It was her composure, her attitude, neither servile nor overbearing, just pleasant enough to not be mistaken for arrogance.

While I focused on her, her whole attention was on the project on hand. Rajvansh's ventured into the fashion industry almost a decade ago and this year happened to be its ten year anniversary. That is why it was a big deal. The celebrations would go on for a month. Each day with some new serialised designs, depicting different regions of our country and even abroad.

As the themes changed everyday it required the venue to be able to adjust according to our requirements and from the sound of it, the Agnihotris had done a good job.

It was dad's decision to host the event in Mumbai, as according to him while our Headquarters were based in Delhi our major market in this industry was focused in this particular region.

I didn't even realise when two hours passed. I had managed to retain my curiosity, yes just plain simple curiosity, regarding the woman before me to focus on the work on hand. And for the first time I was lost, not just once but repeatedly. I would've panicked if it happened sometime else but now I was relaxed.

" I'm sorry but I have something to do. I hope you enjoy your stay Mr. Rajvansh. " She said as she stood up and without waiting for a reply she was out. It should've been rude but it wasn't. She rushed out as if she had something too important to do and I couldn't find it in myself to take offence to that.

" She has an appointment Mr. Rajvansh. I hope you won't mind. " Her assistant whose name I had forgotten, maybe even forgotten to listen to, told me and I just shook my head.

" Ashish. Go through the final inputs once, if it's okay then start preparing. " I told my assistant as I made my way towards our room. He could ensure the rest of the details. Our designers came with us while their designs arrived last night. He had gone through them once to see we had everything we'll need this month.

While coming here had seemed the best decision to avoid mom, it had been an impulsive decision on my part. I had work to do, work that requires my presence more than here.

Our head office required my attention much more than this event but once the words were out I couldn't have receded them. So now I have to work double of what I should have to. I'll have to manage the things here which were supposed to be managed by the branch manager and even oversee the main office through virtual means throughout the month.

My phone rang just as I opened my laptop, seems like my dear mother can't sit still any longer.

" You reached? " She asked from the other side, trying to control her urge to directly jump to the topic.
" Hours ago mom. " I sighed.

" Good. Have you settled? "
" Yes. "

" How long are you going to stay there? " She knows how long, she knows perfectly how long this event is going to take but she is just trying to pretend that she is totally unaware and then emotionally blackmail me. My mother might be naive but she knows how to use her emotions to get us to work.