22. MINE

𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐀 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦.
~ 𝐊𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐡

Kunal's POV

My morning started with the discussion of my potential scandal in our group chat. My traitorous brother has been sending correspondence to his best friend, Rajveer who showed them to his brother in law Abhimanyu, which means he showed it to everyone.

It wasn't the nonsensical bits I knew he was reporting to mom, but it was a picture this prick had forwarded and now I'm being questioned whether I have an illegitimate child or whether I have some secret potion which I made Aadi drink for him to be so big.

My friends are complete jerks. I had thought I could separate her from them until she knew my intentions but now I am completely unable to. This is the only reason he is coming here, I'm sure of it.

He could've planned coming to Mumbai before as well but there was no way he would've attended any event if it meant his wife's discomfort. That man barely goes to work anymore because he wants to take care of his wife, so consider my surprise when he downright ordered to be added to the guest list.

I just hope he won't interfere that much, and I'm somewhat grateful it's him not the other two. Those two are too nosy for their own good.

It's like my friends have become those mohalle ki aunties ( neighbourhood aunties) who can't survive without gossip and drama.

My good night from last night turned into a headache this morning. It could also be because I hadn't gotten any sleep all night. But who can blame me, that one notification had managed to ward off my sleep to the North Star.

I don't even know how it was possible for me to have noticed that one like, I barely check my notifications due to the loads of nonsense it contains. The only reason I have an account is because my mother was worried I don't have any social life apart from work.

I didn't consider the craziness I'd witness. Sarthak revels in that attention while Abhi uses it to flaunt his wife. Rey refused to make one ever since he forgot the password to his previous one. It's too much trouble for him to remember it. Lame, he doesn't even try to find excuses.

My mom thinks I can find someone online, you don't trust goods online and she wants me to trust a girl.

I don't tell her that of course. But that just means the account remains.

It was one of the rare times I had opened the app and had refreshed the notifications just a second ago. So when she liked the post, I saw it all too well.

𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐚.𝐒𝟎𝟐

I'd like to believe that S is from her maiden name rather than her useless husband. I don't think she'll keep him in her life like that. He doesn't deserves it.

But that's not the point, the point it when a minute later I scrolled to the post, from last year, and tapped to see the names, hers wasn't there.

I had seen the notification but there wasn't any residual of it on the post. I had to hack into the system to retrace the activity on my account, activity of the accounts visiting my account before I found her. She had unliked it. And it only meant one thing.

She had done it by accident. But that means she was stalking me. I grinned and I knew terming it as stalking was a long shot but I'd take it.

.