8. KAPOORS

Author's POV

Rajvansh Villa, Delhi.

Samarth and Kriti were sitting on the sofa, while Kartik stood before them with his head lowered. A frown was etched on Kriti's face as she looked at her youngest and that frown grew as the seconds passed.

Kartik looked right and then left and then at his parents to find any clue of what offence he might’ve committed.

Smack, the sound echoed as Kriti smashed the ruler on the table or more accurately on the file on the table. The force compelled the contents of the file to display, revealing pictures of girls. They were the ones Kriti had shortlisted for her son who had not even an ounce of interest in viewing them.

“ Mom, can you drop the suspense and tell me what crime I have committed to be convicted like this? ” Kartik asked,  not being able to stomach the suspense any longer.

“ Hmph. You say it. ” Kriti grumbled, turning to her husband, not deigning her son worthy of another look.

“ This… I think it's better if you say it. ” Samarth said, knowing that his wife won't like the way he would say it, rather than being criticised he might as well let her scold their son herself.

“ Aayansh called. ” She said, still not looking at Kartik.

“ Oh, what's it got to do with me? ” Kartik said and he didn't realise that he just made his mother more angry. She already had enough of hearing these words from her eldest and now even her youngest was singing the same tune.

She glared at him and he lowered his head, his hand going to his ear out of habit, as he wondered if he did something to his older brother that he might've complained to their mother about.

“ He found a girlfriend. ” Kriti announced hoping he'll get what she was implying but maybe she overestimated her son's IQ.

“ Ah, oh. ”
“ What oh? ”
“ I mean that's good. Now you don't have to worry about dying without grandchildren. ” Kartik said with a shrug as Kriti threw the file at him.

“ This little…. When did I worry about that? ” Kriti said and Samarth turned his face to the other direction to hide the smile on his face. While Kartik just raised his brow before continuing, “ Or else? Aren't you convincing bhai because he's getting old and by CPCT you're getting old. ”

Knowing that he hadn't made any mistakes his confidence had boosted. As long as it involved his brother's dating life he knew he's the best roaster.

“ What the hell is CPCT? ” Kriti asked and Kartik well-manneredly walked to his mom, sat on the sofa beside her and explained.

“ Well mom, it stands for corresponding parts of congruent triangles and as bhai is your son we can consider you both congruent triangles and thus his age corresponds to your age. ”

“ What nonsense is he spouting? ” Kriti turned to her husband who was having a hard time holding back his laughter. The only person in the house who can make his wife confused is his youngest, not because he is smart but because he has the ability to say the most nonsensical things to ever exist.

Like how is even a property of triangles related to humans?

“ He's just revising his middle school maths. That's it. ” Samarth said and Kartik looked like he wanted to argue but gave up knowing that his mother won't get it.

“ Forget it. Let me be straight, it's not like he has any brains to understand what I'm trying to say. ” Kriti said and Kartik narrowed his eyes on her mother.