18. HAIRCUT

𝐌𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐥. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐛𝐡𝐢 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐦.

~𝐏𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐯𝐢 𝐀𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐫

Prisha's POV

" Maa, can you get my phone from the car? " I called her and she just nodded before leaving. Maybe she said something I'm not too sure about, because I can't hear anything in this rush.

" Hey bacha, we're going to get a haircut now. Are you excited? " I asked my baby and he nodded happily. I've seen children crying when it's time for their first haircut so I've been telling him about it for days now to get him excited rather than nervous. It worked, I can't see anything other than pure excitement in his eyes.

He's been bouncing with this unspent energy since morning and it's getting difficult to keep him seated.

" Bhabhi, here's your phone. " I heard Poorvi say and I asked her to call my brother.

" Ask him how long they'll take. " I said and she nodded as I coddled Aadi into being still for a little longer. His movements are proving to be a disaster for my saree and I'm regretting wearing it over a suit.

I hadn't dressed him too well for now, he just wore a white trouser and a blue kurta, which by the way looked adorable on him. I hadn't braided his hair today and I could see him getting irritated by it when it flew to cover his eyes.

His clothes were kept in the spare room beside the temple for changing once the ceremony was done.

The guests have already started filling in and I still couldn't see my parents. They were supposed to arrive early but got late due to some issues. I didn't ask what issues.

" Bhabhi. " Poorvi shook me as she called and from the looks of it she had been calling me for a while now.
" What's wrong? What did he say? "

" Nothing, they are here. " She answered and I looked to where she was gesturing and saw my parents heading in with some bags in their hands.

I didn't get time to wonder or ask why they were late as pandit ji soon asked, " Vidhi aarambh karein? "

' Shall we start the ceremony? '

" Ji. "
He chanted the verses and performed the rituals, the aarti and then asked, " Siddhant ji, aa jaiye. "

' Siddhant ji, come. '

The father is supposed to shave the first lock of his hair. But as luck would have it, the only father figure he has in his life is his grandfather. I don't like the times when I'm forced to realise that as much as I try to fulfil his life, there will always be something missing in it.

Baba came as soon as he was summoned and he took the razor before sitting beside me, " Ab aadi ke baal gum ho jaenge. Haina? Phir aadi aur smart ban jaega. "

' Now aadi's hair will disappear, right? Then aadi will become more smart. '

" Dadu ko batao ki aadi phle se hi smart hai. " I murmured near his ear and he laughed while replying, " Daadu, aadi bahut smart hai... . Mumma jaise... "